Jeane's reality

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Chaco

Re: Jeane's reality

Post by Chaco »

A friend of mine once told me that Koroku could see through Jeane's guise and see her true form. Makes you wonder, seeing as the Chiketsu Star, where Jeane is under, is also known as The Ugly Warrior in the Water Margin story.
I feel that Jeane looks the way she does because of the Charm rune. The rune makes her appear as a hot, slutty woman who most men in Suikoden fall for when in reality she could be a guy, or some ugly chic. Or even a monter. In Suikoden 3 you can play as Koroku in his POV and when you talk to Jeane she tells the dog not to tell anyone what she looks like in her true form, a joke obviously seeing as Koroku is a dog and cannot speak to humans.
Nhaaa, Konami already stated that Jeane was in the same Family as Nurse Joy and Officer...Something.
All the family member have the same face, attitude and job. Only their clothes and their breast-size change.

I mean, it's obvious.
Yeah I like this idea two, maybe she just has a bunch of really hot sisters, who all dress the same, all have Charm runes and are amazing at Lighting Magic and are all rune masters. The only flaw in this idea is that Nurse joy is from Pokemon, although I know you were joking. :roll:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Well there's even a speculation about Jeanne being some kind of a cat demon/magical being/whatever in my suikoden forum. Someone made that theory based on:
-Jeanne is sexy, usually a person who has a "cat" character is depicted as being seductive, sexy, etc.
-The whole "cat has 9 lives" thing may be a reason why Jeanne never age/die

But I myself find this theory a bit absurd... I would go with the theory that speculates Jeanne as an ugly person who has a beautiful outer appearance. Why she never ages could be related with how she "changes" her appearance.

And the fact that she is a rune mistress may be an indication that she's somehow has a connection about true runes. Maybe she's observing every true rune she could find, or something more evil than that...
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

And the fact that she is a rune mistress may be an indication that she's somehow has a connection about true runes. Maybe she's observing every true rune she could find, or something more evil than that...
It's strange but I've always gotten an "Evil" feeling from Jeane. Like she is up to something. And in Suikoden 5 she was even on the bad guys side for a while. I like the theroy that she is observing the True Runes, I feel it is most likely not for Harmonia but for something or someone greater.
-Chaco
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Maybe she's observing True Runes to find a way to keep more than 1 true rune in her body...like Windy...*shivers*
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Maybe she's observing True Runes to find a way to keep more than 1 true rune in her body...like Windy...*shivers*
I don't think so, Jeane doesn't even have one true rune. If she was like Windy she'd have stole one from someone by now. I think she is observing them for a differnt purpose. Hard to say what, she' s Jeane after all.
-Chaco
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

ZOMG! She`s the Fog Ship captain in disguise!!!!
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Maybe Jeane Is a Sindar and stalks rune bearers, Old Sindar property so that they are used properly or looking so that Lorelai and those people dont ruin anything.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

I just visited the Big Hole, the Ancient Armes Ruins. Her secret is more complicated now...
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I just visited the Big Hole, the Ancient Armes Ruins. Her secret is more complicated now...
Oh yeah, that was weird, what was that object she wanted to get I wonder?
-Chaco
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Chaco wrote:
Oh yeah, that was weird, what was that object she wanted to get I wonder?
It could be anything, but I'm wondering if it had something to do with Eresh...
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Yeah, I honestly think we will find out about that occurance in future games, but only time will tell. I bet it's nothing we've never heard of yet.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

But I still wonder if Konami would ever reveal her secret.. Cause maybe it would mark the end of the series, if they'd reveal it..

Bah! Pessimistic me.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Redheim wrote:ZOMG! She`s the Fog Ship captain in disguise!!!!
That's impossible. I always used her to fight the Fog Ship Guide because of her Lightning Rune which synergizes with Ted's Flowing. =D
Mustang

Re:

Post by Mustang »

LanceHeart wrote:There's a thread about these sorts of theories...
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3818

As for the Jeane theory you have: I'm not quite sure about it. The only plausible connection your theory actually has is that she could probably be Hikusaak in disguise, something which I doubt someone of his stature would want to do, especially since he's already a True Rune bearer.
Is there any official statement that Hikusaak is a male ?
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Mustang wrote: Is there any official statement that Hikusaak is a male ?
It might've been mentioned in Suikoden IIII by Sasarai, or one of the other Harmonian forces...

I always believed that Jeane had some other ability to remain ageless...True Runes can't be the only source of agelessness in the Suikoden universe now...

Oh and about that theory that she's from a family of identical sisters? Konami DID state that...but apparently it was said in a humorous tone, so it's still too early to tell who or rather what Jeane really is.

edit: I believe she could be a reincarnation of a True Rune. I mean the Star Dragon Sword is a reincarnation of the Night Rune. But it doesn't really explain her knowledge of the Ancient Armes Kingdom...:\