The other sword Tessai was interested in....

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Hachifusa

The other sword Tessai was interested in....

Post by Hachifusa »

When u talk to Tessai (the blacksmith), he wants to see the Star Dragon Sword from Viktor AND another sword. What was the name of the sword (dont remember), who carries it? If u can recruit the bearer of the sword, u can use him/her to recruit Tessai instead of Viktor? Just curious:D
Last edited by Hachifusa on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris

Post by Iris »

No other sword is needed, IIRC. Just bring Viktor with you and you should be good.
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

I know, ok so u dont know anything about the other sword ?:( Yay, I remember, the only thing I know is that the other sword`s called Dragon King Sword,.:/
Last edited by Hachifusa on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris

Post by Iris »

That's the higher-level version of the Star Dragon Sword in Suikoden I. You get it when the SDS is sharpened to level 12. It doesn't exist in S2, IIRC.
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

oh thats it?omg, I didnt know, and I`ve played s1 (lol), gees
Last edited by Hachifusa on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Actually, the Dragon King Sword is Barbarossa's sword, but since he's not in Suikoden II, there's no way Tessai's gonna encounter it in the game.
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

Cool, thanx:D
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

its possible that tessai says this only if u load the suikoden I save into II
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

he says he wants to see the Dragon King Sword even without the load. it is barbarossa's sword and its famous so of course he wants to come across both.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Mycroft

Post by Mycroft »

It is me, or can tesla be recruited a lot of time after you've got the Star Dragon Sword ?
Kreutz

Post by Kreutz »

Mycroft wrote:It is me, or can tesla be recruited a lot of time after you've got the Star Dragon Sword ?
Well unfortunately he is available a long time after Viktor receives the Star Dragon Sword. After Greenhill is taken by the unification forces he is finally recruitable.

You might like reading this part of suikosouce: http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/i ... har_id=210
Mycroft

Post by Mycroft »

I knew that, but I was wondering if I hadn't do something wrong, has you can get a lot of hammers before recruting him, and that make the first ones useless.

This must be one of the many bug of the game :?
Scotts

Re: The other sword Tessai was interested in....

Post by Scotts »

Well ACTUALLY if you pay attention "Tesla" is the man that hands Lepant the Blinking Mirror before you leave Gregminster in Suikoden 2.

Tessai wants to see Barbarossas' and Viktors' swords, but the Dragon King Sword went missing 3 years ago, and hasnt been seen since. You can only recruit Tessai after the liberation of Greenhill, and after that, make sure toget the hammer from the student in New Leaf Academy (Oddly enough it is the same name as the Inn in Two River...)
Chaco

Re: The other sword Tessai was interested in....

Post by Chaco »

I knew that, but I was wondering if I hadn't do something wrong, has you can get a lot of hammers before recruting him, and that make the first ones useless.

This must be one of the many bug of the game
Yeah it is a stupid bug that makes you chase after Hammers you don't need. Nontheless I found them all because I like finding things, mostly Shiny things. :P
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Scotts

Re:

Post by Scotts »

Iris wrote:That's the higher-level version of the Star Dragon Sword in Suikoden I. You get it when the SDS is sharpened to level 12. It doesn't exist in S2, IIRC.
~_~

Ok SO

In Suikoden 1, Viktor gets the Star Dragon Sword. If you upgrade it enough it turns into the King Dragon Sword
Barbarosa's sword is called Dragon King Sword, the "King" and the "Dragon" are switched around. Lol.