Why is Leknaat not a SOD?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Lynorran

Post by Lynorran »

Perhaps when the final chapter in Harmonia takes place and you get control over most of the 27 True Runes you can recruit her. (my hopeful speculation) :P
WuYung

Re: Why is Leknaat not a SOD?

Post by WuYung »

she never participates directly in the wars and is the keeper more of less of the tablet of stars and yadayada so i doubt she'll be the final star any time soon. However maybe in the final suikoden, she'll finally be a star, to take the alure off the game and final reveal all the mysteries behind the world. XD With each game though things seem to make less sense than more. Its just more intricate stories, histories, characters, etc. I want there to still be a million suikodens but i also want all these pieces to finally come together XD.
anakputa

Post by anakputa »

if she will be a star of destiny (knowing sod's fight in a war over something), she will be voiding her role as the executor of balance.
Yeah, Sierra, all this sun makes us cranky...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

WuYung wrote:she never participates directly in the wars
Leknaat participated "directly" in a battle in Suikoden I to help reduce the army that Windy had summoned.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

wouldn't she become a tenkai since she has a true rune and most of the games tenkais have a trune rune or part of a trune rune (all except for Suikoden III)
Caim

Post by Caim »

i wouldn't be surprised if she was a Sindar or at least the village her and Windy is from Gate Rune Village has some connection to them For instance in suiko 4 she told the fog ship dude to go back to the eternal city and allot of people assumed that she could have been talking about the city the sindar are at How would she know about that unless she had some kind of connection to them?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Caim wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if she was a Sindar or at least the village her and Windy is from Gate Rune Village has some connection to them For instance in suiko 4 she told the fog ship dude to go back to the eternal city and allot of people assumed that she could have been talking about the city the sindar are at How would she know about that unless she had some kind of connection to them?
she's lived a long time, is very knowledgeable, and possesses a true rune???
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

On topic: She's the 109th Estella was looking for
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
hreljin

Post by hreljin »

She is not one of them because, she is the Keeper of the 27 True Runes. She is so busy that she cannot become one of the SoD's =))
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

mumbay wrote:wouldn't she become a tenkai since she has a true rune and most of the games tenkais have a trune rune or part of a trune rune (all except for Suikoden III)
Not necessarily. Joshua, Sierra, Viktor (by proxy of the Zodiac sword),Ted, Luc and Yuber (I feel like I'm missing someone...) were all SoD without being the Tenkai.

I think that by being the Protector of the Balance and the Watcher of the 27 True Runes, Leknaat would break her role if she was to be directly involved in a conflict. I see her involvement near the end of SuikodenI as a reaction to Windy's actions. Windy was the other bearer of the Gate Rune and was also trying to get Leknaat's half of it. So it's more likethat Windy dragged Leknaat into the conflict. And the again, the only thing that Leknaat did was to negate the Rune's power.

So, yeah. I don't think she'll ever be a SoD and if she DOES become one, she'll have the same one as Luc and Zerase.

What I'm actually wondering is HOW she got her role as the Guardian of Balance and Watcher of the Stars and how comes Zerase listen to her. (She does say "Is that an order?" when giving the Tablet)