Hero V link to Hero IV Theory

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sirus2ooo

Hero V link to Hero IV Theory

Post by Sirus2ooo »

In Suikoden V It is said that Ferid (Hero V's father) was a wayfarer from the island nations, ok so far this means nothing, however later in the game Bernadette (Member of the royal family and co-comander of the Lino En Kuldes) says that she has six brothers the oldest of which ran away from home before she was born and she has no Idea what he looks like. Having been away from the Island nations for that mount of time would give plenty of to do all the stuff he's renowned for (saving Georg winning Sacred Games).
This being said that would make his son a member of the Obel Royal Family, it also means that he is hero IV's Great Great Great Great ... Nephew. [/spoiler]
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Uhh.... wait... when did it ever become apparent that Bernadette/Ferid was related to Lino en Kuldes?

Side-Note: The whole Bernadette, Ferid, & Prince connection has been gone over quite a few times already, so you're not wrong in any of those assumptions.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Suikoden V information is still banned from the regular forums until after PAL release. Please put this in the appropriate Suikoden V threads in future.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

We do not know for sure if the Egan family has blood ties with the Obel royal family, hence such conclusion cannot be made.
Sirus2ooo

Post by Sirus2ooo »

The connection between bernatette was made when it was said by oboro that bernadette was placed in the same position as Sialeeds who was an heir to the throne but had to forfeit the right in order to avoid bloodshed. Noted its a weak connection but a connection neither the less.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, Bernadette and Tenkai are related, but we don't know if the Egans and the en Kuldes family are related, just like Patapi said.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Personally, I don't think a game would be THAT clingy to it's previous game... the time gap is just WAY too huge to even think of something that would that intense of a relationship.

Bernadette being his Aunt is cool, but... The Prince being a descendant of Lazlo seems way too corny for me to even want to believe it, and it sounds like Konami would've went out on a super limb on that one anyway.

That's like people trying to match Hugo up with Riou as a father... it's really corny wishful thinking.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Kirkis wrote:Personally, I don't think a game would be THAT clingy to it's previous game... the time gap is just WAY too huge to even think of something that would that intense of a relationship.

Bernadette being his Aunt is cool, but... The Prince being a descendant of Lazlo seems way too corny for me to even want to believe it, and it sounds like Konami would've went out on a super limb on that one anyway.
It makes sense for the leading Admiral family to have some ties with the ruling royal family along the line though. I wouldn't be surprised. It's just that one of Bernadette's remark about royal families' recklessness that made me curious.

Most likely not a direct descendant though. Tactics and V seems to point towards Flare ultimately becoming the successor to the throne after Lino.
That's like people trying to match Hugo up with Riou as a father... it's really corny wishful thinking.
Ugh. If it was true, I'd be disgusted.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Sirus2ooo wrote:The connection between bernatette was made when it was said by oboro that bernadette was placed in the same position as Sialeeds who was an heir to the throne but had to forfeit the right in order to avoid bloodshed. Noted its a weak connection but a connection neither the less.
I thought that he was referring to Bernadette being the Prince's aunt....
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Arafelis

Post by Arafelis »

Yeah, huh? As far as I recall, Hero IV- Lazlo En Kuldes- ended the game drifting off into nowhere on a boat. It's hard to imagine he had any successors, at least not any recognized as royalty.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Arafelis wrote:Yeah, huh? As far as I recall, Hero IV- Lazlo En Kuldes- ended the game drifting off into nowhere on a boat. It's hard to imagine he had any successors, at least not any recognized as royalty.
If you got the bad ending, he did more than that, he died.

If you got the good 108 stars ending (which is cannon) he woke up and was rescued by a passing ship which it standardly believed to be your old HQ.
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

And if you played Rhapsodia w/ your 108 star data from S4 imported then it extrapolates even more on what happened to Lazlo after the events of S4 [spoiler]and in one of the battle talk scenes btwn Lazlo and Lino, Lino even asks him/wants him to become his successor in the future :)[/spoiler]
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a
shadow from another existence."

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
"Deathblow" G

Post by "Deathblow" G »

Thats a really long strech. Granted from the sounds of it, its something Konami wants people to think about. But my guess is no, my guess that, Hero IV being a True Rune bearer, and the fact that his rune seems to accept him, hes still wondering around, somewhere.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Pesmerga wrote:And if you played Rhapsodia w/ your 108 star data from S4 imported then it extrapolates even more on what happened to Lazlo after the events of S4 [spoiler]and in one of the battle talk scenes btwn Lazlo and Lino, Lino even asks him/wants him to become his successor in the future :)[/spoiler]
When did this scene take place? I remember Lino saying once that Lazlo makes him proud, and the dialogue that implies Lazlo's liniage(sp?), but nothing like what you're talking about.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There was a scene between Hero IV and Kika though where she says that she thinks Lino intends to make him his successor.