Viki comments on Sindar Ruin/HQ

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
demon_sars

Viki comments on Sindar Ruin/HQ

Post by demon_sars »

When you talk to Viki.AFter you gotten your castle.Viki seem to said that she remember this place?Could she be Sindar or reborn Sindar?
Master

Post by Master »

Nope, Viki has no notion of time and travel between the past. present and the future all the time explaining why she always asked about the place since the date is not that important for her and she is from a weird dimension actually...a magical dimension. It's somewhere mentionned on Suikosource.
demon_sars

Post by demon_sars »

Master wrote:Nope, Viki has no notion of time and travel between the past. present and the future all the time explaining why she always asked about the place since the date is not that important for her and she is from a weird dimension actually...a magical dimension. It's somewhere mentionned on Suikosource.
which maybe just i thinking .she finds it familar cuz it looks like S1 's castle :roll: :lol: :lol:
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

She hasn't been to Toran Castle yet in V so it would be quite a feat to remember that.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

You've got it wrong. Viki travels through time inconsistently. She has already seen Toran Castle because Viki jumps from Suikoden to Suikoden. She went to Toran, then Dunan, then Grassland. She then jumps backward in time to the Island Nations. After that, she jumps forward to Falena.

Viki is not bound by time or space.
-M
Desides

Post by Desides »

Matt620 wrote:You've got it wrong. Viki travels through time inconsistently. She has already seen Toran Castle because Viki jumps from Suikoden to Suikoden. She went to Toran, then Dunan, then Grassland. She then jumps backward in time to the Island Nations. After that, she jumps forward to Falena.
This used to be the working theory, but V throws it out the window. If Viki truly experienced Suikoden in the order that we do--as in, going from Toran to Dunan to Grasslands to Island Nations to Falena--then she would recognize Lorelai, since Viki accidentally freed Killey and Lorelai from the Sindar ruin in the Deep Twilight Forest in the hidden chapter of Suikogaiden Volume II.

Since she doesn't recognize Lorelai, she isn't experiencing Suikoden in the order of its sequels, and therefore we're at a loss as to what order Viki appears in.

The idea that Viki recognizes the Sindar castle because of the castle on Lake Toran is wrong.
sissyboi

Post by sissyboi »

the thing that really bugs me is her comment that she and jeane have met a number of times...
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

They may very well have met before. They are in all the games right? I wouldn't think she would have to experience things in order of the games to remember people she met 20 years from now.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Well, Viki's not so good at remembering things, so I wouldn't be shocked if Viki just didn't remember. Either that, or maybe Suikogaiden isn't accepted as canon.
-M
Master

Post by Master »

frankly first time, I heard her comment...I thought of an omen for Falena...
"This place is still around?" I didn't check if it was a translation error from the japanese version so don't stone me.

Maybe she meant in a near future Falena got destroyed...by who? no idea.
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Master i dont think it got destroyed it probably does not exist anymore. Im guessing some other country probably took it over.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Master wrote:frankly first time, I heard her comment...I thought of an omen for Falena...
"This place is still around?"
Oh I definitely think that was a) foreshadowing of Falena not being around in any particular glorious outcome by the time of Suikoden III and B) also a way of showing that this Viki has been to the far future previous to Suikoden V.

I also agree that it's not so much like she doesn't recognize Lorelai as she's so disoriented all the time that she probably doesn’t even think about it, she just sees the prince and doesn’t know where she is and is all confused. Only blonde glasses boy (K-something) Lyon and HeroV speak to her in those opening sequences anyway so she's focusing on them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

when you talk to viki before the sol falena siege viki says something very simmilar to this"Lets have a big feast after the battle! although I always dissapear..I never get to eat! but that will change! this time ill deffinetley eat everything!" so that obviously means she was in alot of banquets before she appeared in falena
brunnen

Post by brunnen »

Desides wrote:
Matt620 wrote:You've got it wrong. Viki travels through time inconsistently. She has already seen Toran Castle because Viki jumps from Suikoden to Suikoden. She went to Toran, then Dunan, then Grassland. She then jumps backward in time to the Island Nations. After that, she jumps forward to Falena.
This used to be the working theory, but V throws it out the window. If Viki truly experienced Suikoden in the order that we do--as in, going from Toran to Dunan to Grasslands to Island Nations to Falena--then she would recognize Lorelai, since Viki accidentally freed Killey and Lorelai from the Sindar ruin in the Deep Twilight Forest in the hidden chapter of Suikogaiden Volume II.

Since she doesn't recognize Lorelai, she isn't experiencing Suikoden in the order of its sequels, and therefore we're at a loss as to what order Viki appears in.
In the comment box Lorelai says that Viki made the hole in the roof of those ruins, but keeps denying it. Viki leaves a comment that her and Loralai never met before and she keeps picking on her.
Jasae Bushae

Post by Jasae Bushae »

its a real puzzeler........she constantly indicates that shes been through the games i even vaugly recall a suikoden 4 comment....
the only hole is the lorelai thing.....
parhaps its some strange quasi physics explanation?
no more breaking the fingers of kitchen help i need ther hands break a toe if you must