Viki comments on Sindar Ruin/HQ

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Jowy Atreides wrote:We have no idea what's happened between Suikoden IV/Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden V; who knows if they met between then.

Also, yes, she must've not been to Suikoden I, II, or Suikogaiden for my theory to be correct. It would be the only one that makes sense though, according to the relationship (or lack thereof) between Lorelai and Viki. Viki has a good enough memory to at least remember Jeane, but not Lorelai? The ditzyness could come and go, but I'm sure she can remember former comrades.
Viki and Jeane have been together time and time again, and Jeane hasn't aged a day in all that time. Lorelai DOES change a lot between V and I, and between I and II. Imagine not seeing someone for several years, especially at a young age, and imagine trying to recognize them after. Lorelai was only 16 during V, 22-24 during I, and 27 during II. Now, imagine yourself as Viki.

You find yourself in the middle of a forest and recruited into a war, where you meet Lorelai at the age of 22. You fight along side her for 2 years, where she's now 24. Then, at the celebratory banquet dinner, you sneeze, and suddenly find yourself somewhere else, where another young man recruits you to his war effort, and hey, you run into some of your old comrades, though they look a bit wearier and older, including Lorelai, now 27. After this war ends, you sneeze and again find yourself somewhere else, 15 years in the future now, where you run into a smaller, younger version of yourself, who knows more about you than you do. You help in this war, then sneeze and bam, you're somewhere else, in a land of islands, where again you're asked to help fight in a war, again with 107 other comrades in a war that lasts for 5 years. Now, so far you've had about 400 or so comrades fighting with you in 4 seperate wars. After the war ends, you sneeze again, and find yourself in a country you thought didn't exist like that anymore, and find yourself recruited into yet another war, and one of your companions is some 16 year old girl who swears she knows you, and has the name of one of your older companions from years ago, but is obviously way too young to be her. The only person you do recognize is Jeane, a woman who's somehow been your companion in all these different wars across the face of the world, and yet she's never aged a day. You've had over 500 companions in 5 different wars now, spanning a period of 10 years just time fought. That doesn't include the THOUSANDS of soldiers and civilians you've lived with during these wars.

Are you imagining this? Now, tell me, how well would you remember this 16 year old girl that you accidentally helped at about the 4-5 year mark? Now, think about how well you'd remember that face when you're as dazed, confused, and ditzy as Viki.

Viki not remembering the younger Lorelai who she saw for all of prolly 5 minutes in the Gaidens when she runs into Lorelai in SV doesn't mean they don't happen in sequential order for her.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Baggy

Post by Baggy »

If we've come to the conclusion that she does not travel through time consistently, she goes forward and back without her control, then we would need to know her age in every suikoden to know if current viki has met lorelai or not by suikoden V, and not some older, future viki. Lorelai could very well have met her in the past. But that viki in the past could have come from the end of suikoden V, teleporting into the past wherever lorelai meets her. Therefore, in terms of viki's existence (which stands outside the boundaries of time essentially), she may not have met lorelai before suikoden V, however lorelai has met viki in the past, just a slightly older-than-suiko-V viki.

It's hard to explain, but there's nothing saying that viki must have met lorelai already even if lorelai has met viki in the past. Get it?
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Except that Viki does know Jeane, and seems to find something familiar in Lazlo/Freyjadour that indicates she's met other tenkai's before, meaning either she's been in wars prior to Suikoden IV that we have yet to see, or she's traveled back in time from I-III.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Baggy

Post by Baggy »

most certainly. she's met other characters previously, but due to the inconsistence with which she time travels, its still possible that she somehow meets lorelai after suikoden V, however she goes to the past before suikoden V to meet her. hence lorelai would remember viki in suikoden V, but viki wouldn't have yet met lorelai. (Although that would mean that when viki meets lorelai in this supposed past she should remember her from the present of suiko V).

Perhaps the next suikoden will feature an even younger lorelai and the mystery will be revealed to us. Suiko V so far is the youngest lorelai we've seen, isn't it?
Sagiri

Re: Viki comments on Sindar Ruin/HQ

Post by Sagiri »

[quotefrankly first time, I heard her comment...I thought of an omen for Falena...
"This place is still around?" I didn't check if it was a translation error from the japanese version so don't stone me.][/quote]
She went to the war in S4 first, didn't she?
She may have heard of it then, and then she went to the future and discovered Falena still existed 143 years later.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.