Do you think Lym will ever get married again?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Lym and Tir...? Whoa where did he come from?

After watching the ending I begin to think Toma might be a possible choice. He is, after all *SPOILERS*

......planning to be a Queen's Knight.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

kanzuki wrote:Lym and Tir...? Whoa where did he come from?

After watching the ending I begin to think Toma might be a possible choice. He is, after all *SPOILERS*

......planning to be a Queen's Knight.
Two feisty, stubborn youngsters with a lot of guts. Well, I can see it happen. And remembering she is now Queen and won't be able to go around and find herself a commoner for a husband, it is one of the most likely choices. Unless she marries someone send as an envoy from another country, after a wild palace party.
Hmm...
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:Two feisty, stubborn youngsters with a lot of guts. Well, I can see it happen. And remembering she is now Queen and won't be able to go around and find herself a commoner for a husband, it is one of the most likely choices. Unless she marries someone send as an envoy from another country, after a wild palace party.
...which opens up a possibility for a candidate from Armes (NOT Gavaya heaven forbid) because by then Falena and Armes would have that peace thingy going on (according to Shula's ending)
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Since she is now the queen and won´t be able to easily speak with commoners, do you guys think its possible that she will leave the country to look for husband somewhere she isn´t know? Just like her mother did (found Ferid in the island nations) ?
It would be fun to see her in future Suikodens, along with new bodyguards.
futanchen

Post by futanchen »

im just a little annoyed with lym's passionate blood relationship with her brother. she want to sleep together with the prince and she is very upset if the prince not jealous to her. that's a little scary for a sister.
i think i understand why the prince choose to travel together with georg and lyon instead of stay in Falena.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

futanchen wrote:im just a little annoyed with lym's passionate blood relationship with her brother. she want to sleep together with the prince and she is very upset if the prince not jealous to her. that's a little scary for a sister.
i think i understand why the prince choose to travel together with georg and lyon instead of stay in Falena.
My sister used to do that to me, I think it's pretty normal for a girl of that age. Romantic ideas are very much based on your relationships with your immediate family and intense but nonsexual crushes on them are part of growing up. The Prince is her favourite plaything, of course she expects him to consider her the most important thing in the world and flatter her ego by getting jealous and stuff.

The sleeping with him was just her feeling a little overwhelmed, and rather scared at the thought of growing up. Doing the things she did as a child helps her feel better (Though I feel sooo very sorry for the Prince, who must have been mortified)
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Except Lim always acted Embarassed when the though of a relationship with her brother came up. She even wanted to have the same kind of relationship Lyon and the prince had. That's just...wrong. I always got the creepy vibe from her. But yes, she is still young so maybe she will get over that crush.

I'd be really worried if her hormones kicked in and she still was so damn obssesed with her brother.
Hmm...
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

She'll eventually grow out of it. It's normal to develop something that is between 'love' and 'like' at her age for a brotherly figure whom she look up to.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

kanzuki wrote:She'll eventually grow out of it. It's normal to develop something that is between 'love' and 'like' at her age for a brotherly figure whom she look up to.
Hmm, I dunno. She used to look down upon him at first, because he wasn't on line for the Throne or anything. He was just chopped liver, there to "wave at the masses and marry off to foreigners". SO she kind of liked to boss him around.

Eventually she developed that mind numbing crush. Maybe it's the fact I don't have a sister, but I don't think it's normal to love your brother so much. Worst part is, that the prince can actually respond with incest filled answers. Well, we are talking about royals here though. Marriages and relatiosnhips between family are not nigh unheard off.
Hmm...
Belle

Post by Belle »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:
kanzuki wrote:She'll eventually grow out of it. It's normal to develop something that is between 'love' and 'like' at her age for a brotherly figure whom she look up to.
Hmm, I dunno. She used to look down upon him at first, because he wasn't on line for the Throne or anything. He was just chopped liver, there to "wave at the masses and marry off to foreigners". SO she kind of liked to boss him around.

Eventually she developed that mind numbing crush. Maybe it's the fact I don't have a sister, but I don't think it's normal to love your brother so much. Worst part is, that the prince can actually respond with incest filled answers. Well, we are talking about royals here though. Marriages and relatiosnhips between family are not nigh unheard off.
As creepy as I found Lymsleia's behavior in the beginning, I honestly don't think it was meant to be written as sexual/romantic. She's ten years old (technically nine by my calendar). I'd just be repeating what Philweasel said, but I do think her attachment is tied to the fact she eventually had to face growing up. I'm sure that in the early years, it was easy to have an inflated ego. I can just imagine the things she said and thought...it was probably along the lines of "I'm gonna be the all powerful queen and I get to rule and you don't and therefore I'm better than you." Only as she grew up and took more studies and responsibilities did she realize how big of a task being a queen was.

And if you get the non-108 ending (over 60 stars), you'll see Lymsleia does just fine without her brother around, which I think shows that she grows up at least a little bit.
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Rezard wrote:Since she is now the queen and won´t be able to easily speak with commoners, do you guys think its possible that she will leave the country to look for husband somewhere she isn´t know? Just like her mother did (found Ferid in the island nations) ?
It would be fun to see her in future Suikodens, along with new bodyguards.
uh i thought Ferid was the one that ran away from the Islands and entered the Sacred Games?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Yes, he did. But Arsthat met him in one of her travels. They fell in love, and when the Sacred Games were about to be held, Ferid arrived in Falena to participate in them.

You know, the main site's assumption that Arsthat just became infatuated with Ferid when he showed up in Falena is dead set wrong. It was stated by an NPC in Sol-Falena that Arsthat had met him in her travels and fallen in love with him, hence why Ferid showed up to take part of the Sacred Games in the first place.
Hmm...
Onix

Post by Onix »

Oh....I thought of Arshtat getting married to Ferid was good. They loved each other unlike forced relationships.....

Hmm...maybe Lym would marry
Nick
Yoran
Toma
Shoon

If Lym doesn't get married
and if the Prince and Lyon....get together... :) .....their "female child" would be inline for the throne. I wonder how would their "romance" start if it ever happens to the prince and lyon........
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Onix wrote:Oh....I thought of Arshtat getting married to Ferid was good. They loved each other unlike forced relationships.....

Hmm...maybe Lym would marry
Nick
Yoran
Toma
Shoon

If Lym doesn't get married
and if the Prince and Lyon....get together... :) .....their "female child" would be inline for the throne. I wonder how would their "romance" start if it ever happens to the prince and lyon........
The Prince's daughter would be in line for the throne, but only if the Queen herself did not have a daughter as a heir (Whether because she had no children, or had only sons). Wasn't this being discussed in a different thread, or was it in this one?
Hmm...
Onix

Post by Onix »

Was it discussed? Sorry, I didn't know.

But it would be nice if the Prince and Lyon get together.