Do you think Lym will ever get married again?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's probably more rune cannon shells somewhere. Over time, however, rune cannons would only become a myth among the locals. The likelihood of someone attempting to re-create rune cannon shells after hearing about their terrible powers is unlikely. Warlock seemed to be simply experimenting, and didn't really know what he was getting himself and his nation involved in.
Hathen

Post by Hathen »

To the people complaining about Toma:
What do you expect? He's a kid, of course he doesn't know a lot about war and politics. He has plenty of time to grow up.

I'm pretty sure Prince and Lyon are just really good friends, but if the Prince ever got together with someone, it'd probably be Lyon.

I don't think Haswar married Isato. Didn't Isato have a thing for that other elf woman (Forgot her name)?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Not as far as I can tell, Urda wanted Isato but Isato was all about serving the Oracle, Haswar.
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

I just find it interesting that she had a suitor- period. Clearly "somebody" wasn't too keen on omitting a family if she already had a suitor prior to the war.

LOL.

I'm not too surprised. Even Sialeeds was getting some on the side. Kyle was a shoo-in. He even confirmed it the night before the Sol Falena siege if you visit Sialeed's room.

In regards to the new queen- of course she will. She even says (depending on the ending)... ***spoilers***

... that she will choose her own husband "next time". So obviously she hasn't rule it out. I think it was smart on her part though to abolish that stupid "sacred games". That was practically asking for trouble with something like the Senate around.
Hathen

Post by Hathen »

Well, I don't think the question now is whether she'll do it or not, but rather who she'll marry. This is kind of up for speculation with infinite possibilities, though The Prince would be easier to speculate with pretty much only two potential choices.

I doubt, however, any type of official words will come of these relationships. A lot of these types of games leave these alone for speculations for the fanboys/fangirls that believe so and so should be with who (Not dissing fanboys/girls, mind you, just saying that these types of games seem to leave these types of things to things like fanfiction and stuff.). It'd be nice if they did, but I don't know how many fans of the other side would be disappointed. :lol:
Suiko-Source

Post by Suiko-Source »

Hathen wrote:I doubt, however, any type of official words will come of these relationships. A lot of these types of games leave these alone for speculations for the fanboys/fangirls that believe so and so should be with who (Not dissing fanboys/girls, mind you, just saying that these types of games seem to leave these types of things to things like fanfiction and stuff.). It'd be nice if they did, but I don't know how many fans of the other side would be disappointed. :lol:

Most definitely. They prefer to leave that kind of storyline up to the fans rather than run the risk of alienating some fans due to their preferences. Look at Harry Potter in regards to "shipping". I know personally of some really mental people that took it hard when it was revealed by the author who was with who. :roll:

Yes, at this point the question is not "if" but "when". Then again, who really cares unless their offspring is somehow the next hero of the series.

:wink:
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

*spoilers

I think there´s a little problem there...

Now that there will be no more sacred games, how will she find her husband?

I don´t see the Queen going to the local tavern to look for guys and the relation with the knights were kind of formal. (Remember early on the game that they are advised to not criticize the Queen)

As a queen, it ´ll be hard to find a husband, since most guys will not relax(their tongue can get they killed) or will want to get advantage of situation like this.

It won´t be farfetched if she´s forced to carry out Sacred Games again.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Actually she may pick one from amongst the Queen's Knights. Or perhaps someone else, I dont think she really likes the idea of the games choosing a husband for her.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Lym is stubborn as they come. She is not going to marry anybody she doesn't like. Whoever she eventually marries will be of her own selection.

I have a feeling that the case of Ferid and Arshtat loving one another as they seemed to was probably the exception rather than the rule on the sacred games based marriages.

Having beaten the game though, I really don't see the Prince and Lyon as 'just friends'. The interaction between those two is strongly suggestive of something more being there. And you know, of all the tagalong characters through the games I loved Lyon. I was never annoying having to being her along.
Crystalline-Tears

Post by Crystalline-Tears »

Woah. I like all the ideas here! :P

I'd prefer Toma or Richard for Little Lymmie. Both are really suitable for her. :)

And, I can't think of the Prince going with a girl other than Lyon because gah, they're PERFEEECT already. Hahahaha. Ok, fangirl mode is now off. :P
Komillia

Post by Komillia »

Dura Sinai wrote:I have a feeling that the case of Ferid and Arshtat loving one another as they seemed to was probably the exception rather than the rule on the sacred games based marriages.
I'm not sure if this actually happened or if it was just an idea of mine, but I thought that I spoke to an NPC who said that Ferid and Arshtat met each other when she was travelling and later on she pushed for him to be able to enter the Sacred Games. If that were true, then it's fully possible that they were in love before the Sacred Games.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Arranged marriages do work sometimes you know, it's not just a evil satanic ritual performed by those heathens over in Honzululand.

Though granted, hitting people with sticks isn't the greatest method of proving your marital suitability.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

Yes, Arshtat had the royal family allow Ferid into the games, where he won. Who elses would put up with a power-hungry monster like her, who is able to disappear him with little effort.

My guess is the Hero did end up with Lyon, taking in mind both leave their runes, and the fact the hero is grabbing her hand when announced as the Queen's Knight Commander.

Also, it would be dumb to put someone with no military experience as a commander, while the Prince has already beaten a foreign nation and his own in combat.

Gavaya and Lym? No thats sick...

How old is Lym? There could be a chance she ended up with Belcoot and Maria's son, or Dinn's son?

Personally, I really think Toma sucks, he was just an entourage space taker. I'd rather have Egbert making me rich.

I was also thinking about the probable idea of a Lyon & Prince heir if something happens though.

Luserina was also a capable suitor for the prince, seeing the talks you have with her. Anyone know if this changes if you say you like her?
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Komillia wrote:I'm not sure if this actually happened or if it was just an idea of mine, but I thought that I spoke to an NPC who said that Ferid and Arshtat met each other when she was travelling and later on she pushed for him to be able to enter the Sacred Games. If that were true, then it's fully possible that they were in love before the Sacred Games.
Komilia is right. I encountered a NPC which sadly I can't remember who (probably a NPC, or it was stated during an event) that explains Queen Artshtat encountered Ferid during her travels.

Gavaya and Lymmie? NO!!! He's off the list next to Euram Barows.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

I did mention it was sick.

I believe the Ferid and Arshtat thing is told to you somewhere around Stormfist during the preparation for the games.

Lym and Tir McDohl would make an interesting off-spring :P.