Do you think Lym will ever get married again?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

KFCrispy wrote:he's still creepy
Poor Euram. So hated, like the Jar Jar Binks of Suikoden V.

Anyhow, I can pretty much guarantee, without a doubt, that it’s not him, anyway. Lym couldn’t stand him, and the Princess isn’t exactly the kind of person to suddenly get all starry-eyed over him just because he turned over a new leaf. Plus, I don’t think Euram would want to marry Lym at that point anyhow, since by then he had realized his fixation to marry her came more from a childish jealousy of Gizel than any real love. That and I’m sure his father’s influence had much to do with that obsession as well.

Marriage is the furthest thing from Lym’s mind, I'm willing to bet. Still, I actually think Richard is a very feasible future possibility. Richard would be perfect, in my opinion. Awesome swordsman, not too terribly much older (he’s 16), and he’s a pretty good-looking kid. :) I like that idea. Certainly much better than the creepy Mueller/Richard pairings out there. And to be honest, Toma might work. He is an annoying snot through the majority of the game (like every time he speaks), but he will grow out of that. I actually once saw a nice piece of fan art with him as a Queen’s Knight, and let me assure you, he hardly looked like an annoying kid. ;)
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
Hyura

Post by Hyura »

Would they not hold another one of those tournaments to find a husband for her? Or did they give up on that tradition or something? (Forgive me, it's been so long since I last played. And I don't even think I got the good ending. xD; )

I thought incest was hinted a lot throughout the game, and I personally don't think it'd be impossible for the Prince and Lym to have a child. Lym seemed to get really pissed off at her brother from time to time, but that's how a lot of relationships go. Though I doubt they'd actually be allowed to get married, and I doubt Suikoden will have an incestuous couple any time soon, so that theory goes out the window. *rolls eyes* I also don't think the Prince and Lyon (or other of the females mentioned) should end up together--but perhaps that's because I'm so used to the heroes showing disinterest in romantic relationships.

As far as Lym goes, I imagine she will eventually get married again when she's a little older. I somehow imagine her husband being a misterious but noble character. At least that's what I hope. I don't have any particular characters in mind though.
Red XIV

Post by Red XIV »

As I recall, when Miakis made a joke about the Prince marrying Lym, Lym found the idea scary until she realized that Miakis was just pulling her leg. So no, I don't see any incest in her future.
Hyura

Post by Hyura »

Personally, I thought she was just overreacting like she often did. If you notice, in the begining of the game she's a feisty little thing that seems to get upset about many things (although she does seem to become more mature throughout the game). But then again, my memory is foggy. xD And I just like the idea of incest.
velvet_fireball

Post by velvet_fireball »

Raging Barows Brat wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:he's still creepy
Poor Euram. So hated, like the Jar Jar Binks of Suikoden V.

Anyhow, I can pretty much guarantee, without a doubt, that it’s not him, anyway. Lym couldn’t stand him, and the Princess isn’t exactly the kind of person to suddenly get all starry-eyed over him just because he turned over a new leaf. Plus, I don’t think Euram would want to marry Lym at that point anyhow, since by then he had realized his fixation to marry her came more from a childish jealousy of Gizel than any real love. That and I’m sure his father’s influence had much to do with that obsession as well.

Marriage is the furthest thing from Lym’s mind, I'm willing to bet. Still, I actually think Richard is a very feasible future possibility. Richard would be perfect, in my opinion. Awesome swordsman, not too terribly much older (he’s 16), and he’s a pretty good-looking kid. :) I like that idea. Certainly much better than the creepy Mueller/Richard pairings out there. And to be honest, Toma might work. He is an annoying snot through the majority of the game (like every time he speaks), but he will grow out of that. I actually once saw a nice piece of fan art with him as a Queen’s Knight, and let me assure you, he hardly looked like an annoying kid. ;)
Richard would be a nice choice for Lym. The character was sweet but his eyes were a bit weird. But I'd like it if Lym waited until she was at least ready for that. She would probably only be about 10 or 11 by the time the game ends. That whole marrying a child thing still creeps me out a little. And she repeatedly said she didn't like it, like it didn't seem like it was her.

Toma might also be in for a chance if he is training to be a Queen's Knight. Once he grew up and with the influence of the other Knights he might turn out to be a pretty nice guy.

She should wait until she's at least 16, it's the natural marriage age for a Disney character so Lym should be ok :lol:

I like the Jar Jar Binks comparison there. I always think of him like Marmite. You either love him or hate him. Except he's not as gross looking as Marmite.

I do sorta feel sorry for him. He just seemed so desperate, like he was trying waaaay too hard all the time. I'm amazed he could keep it up as long as he could. I have a feeling that if he got married it would be later in life. He has some growing up to catch up on, and de-oiling (which seems to have already begun thanks to Lucerina), and a definate change of outfit.

I think the wedding at the end either has to be Haswar's or Frey's. My money is on Haswar, but I don't think the groom is Isato. I think it's going to be someone else, completely unexpected. I'd laugh if it was Gavaya or Kyle.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

lym wants falenas prosperity; she as a queen, get married and have children..

if she didnt marry, no new queens are coming and then prosperity will go down ( we all know why )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Actually, she doesn't have to. If she decides not to remarry, it would pass to the next of kin when she dies. This would either be the Prince's daughter if he had any, or someone from either the Barows and Godwin families since the royal family is related to both of them.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Sagiri

Re:

Post by Sagiri »

Mikalakatov wrote:I agree that Lyon and the Prince should get together, that would be cute.
In my ending they held hands(then Lyon died but that is irrelevant).
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.