Jeane and Zerase and Eresh... (Spoilers for V)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

Rune of Illusion wrote:I have a new Jeane Theory! Okay the Jeane family thing. At first I sort of threw the family thing out because the Jeanes, aside from their looks, all have the same personalities. Then I found out that it could not possibly come from a True Rune. Finally I saw the Suikoden 3 bath scene for myself. The way she speaks sort of proved to me that she is not the same Jeane that was in the previous game. Then I thought about it, how can she be in all of the games without the aid of a True Rune? I took Konami's vague explanation and my own reason for not believing it and combined them to come up with reincarnation! To me, this explains why she speaks the way she does in the bath scene, and Konami's family thing. Furthermore, I believe that the Charm Rune she has is just a travel precaution. It simply diverts the attack of enemies from her and to another enemy.
Thats not a new theory. Dunno if it has been brought up before, but I mentioned it on my first post in this topic.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Then I agree with your and anyone else who thought of this theory.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
deakka

Post by deakka »

Was originally going to make this post into it's own thread, but eh, might as well put it here.

*INVESTIGATION SPOILERS*!!!!

After reading up the detective investigations for jeane throughout the series, and i think that Oboro is the first detective in the suikoden universe to find a loophole around Jeane's Charm rune.

Throughout most of the games, the detectives either fall in love with (or at least gain a heavy infatuation with) Jeane, and are unable to give the player any answers. However, with Oboro's investigations of jeane, it appears that he did find out about Jeanes secret. This is based off his investigation reports, notice how he never declares that he is falling for Jeane. He even states that there are just some doors that should stay closed.

Notice that during the game (if you decide to follow the detectives the entire way up untill rainwall with mr mouse at least), Oboro tells you about Mr mouse and how he uses him for investigations. Now, think back to Suikoden III, when jeane tells one of the dogs (i forget the name) not to tell anyone about her true form. Many have speculated that the charm rune only works on humans/demi humans, if this is the case, then it's quite possible Mr Mouse discovered Jeanes secret.

Now, based on Oboro's remarks on Jeane, this secret must be pretty "mind boggling". He speaks (or writes rather :p ) in a clear tone, obviously not infatuated by the charm rune ( go go mr mouse!). Now, what kind of a secret could be so great that Oboro wouldn't fill you in on? That pretty much just intensifies the mystery.

A possible break in this logic is that Mr. Mouse is still, well a mouse. Anyone whose ever taken a basic biology class has probably gone over the differences in rats and mice on which would make a better pet. A mouse has a very small brain, one that doesn't allow it to comprehend the complex, and very very limited memory capabilities. So it is possible he doesn't have the cereberal strength to grasp what jeanes mystery is. Then again, we do realize that he's a mouse that can communicate with Oboro, so this most likely disproves that. However, it's the only break in logic i could find.

I just find it interesting that slowly throughout the series, slowly people are filling in the puzzles of the mystery that is Jeane. We can only pray that part 6 is in Nagarea sometime after part 5, so we can trail Oboro and perhaps get a couple of more hints on what Mr mouse saw.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Well also since *SPOILER*

Oboro, sagiri, and shigure were once brainwashed in NetherGate, it's possible that Oboro has very little feelings for anyone else, thus negating the charm rune.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Possible spoiler?*

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What gets me is that Jeane and Zerase are very very old or have been in this world for a very long time. Mr. turtle proves that....But what i dont get is were does there eternal youth come from if they have no true rune unless zerase has a true rune her star rune could be a true rune maybe.....but anyway it doesnt add up hopefully konami will reveal at least a whole lot more in the next game -.-
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, the agelessness thing would be the central mystery behind their characters.
Dinn

Post by Dinn »

hatebobbarker wrote:seems more like jeane and eresh are something not human, and zerase seems like a human thats just special, since leknaat is human and isnt afraid to boss zerase around.
Its possible jeane and eresh are true runes, but unlikely since they arent more powerful, perhaps they are the true creators of the runes, ive always seen the sword and shield thing more as mythology. would make sense if were all just an expirement of jeanes.
Heres what I believe... Jeane and Eresh are Sindar, with the ability to take over bodies. That suggests Jeanes' somewhat different appearances throughout the other games. Subtle, but different. Plus, Eresh's 'Vessel' comment. Zerase- a ghost. Watch the Zerase/Nikea/Bernadette Bath scene.
FILTHY DEVIL!
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Well, there isn't a HUGE basis for this, however, something I've noticed... there are a lot of new mysterious 'ageless' characters, that I think revolve in some way around Jeane.

Suikoden IV & Tactics spoilers below:

I think the most important thing to figure out is this though, was Jeane around BEFORE Suikoden IV? I've got a gut feeling that she too was summoned from the other world by Warlock, perhaps Eresh aswell, heck, maybe even Simeon.

Something I've started to notice aswell, is that I believe all 3 of those mages, Eresh, Jeane, & Simeon, all have White hair... perhaps that's something to go on?

In short... I wouldn't be surprised if they were from another world and that was their big secret, and they simply got summoned into the 'normal' world like Yohn did.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Kirkis wrote: Eresh, Jeane, & Simeon, all have White hair
I didn't think Eresh's hair color is known since she wears that big robe. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing her hair at all...
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

No hair of hers is visible. Her entire robe is white.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Ah, my bad then, I could've sworn she had some white hair, but it was probably just her Robe and my faulty memory.

Either way, it's still something to take into consideration, all 3 of those characters wear a lot of white (Well, Jeane's outfit vary's, but it's usually a light color with the exception of Suikoden Tactics)
DeathChaser

Post by DeathChaser »

my crazy ass theory is that they are Sindar and the Sindar are aliens of the Suiko world ...i think that zerses said that she was a star traveler and eresh said that she wasent muchhelp in present vessal ....also jean is freaking alien ..she has to be .
What ?Wo are you..
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

That's a little off beat there... if anything they are either from the 'other world' that Warlock opened up... or the world Yuber is from or whatever... basically they're from another world, not another planet.
Dragon Knight Futch

Post by Dragon Knight Futch »

I dont know if any one mentioned this about the responses to Viki's deal in this, But if you noticed in the Gaiden seris Viki takes you to her so called world, I dont remember much about this only the visual views of the white rooms, Upside down maybe? any 1 think this may have to do with anything?
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I've always imagined Viki's World as more of a... 'End of Time' type location, like a place you go, that has mirrors that connect to other time periods/locations, but all on one world of existence.