Jeane and Zerase and Eresh... (Spoilers for V)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Konami has already stated that Jeane does not have a True Rune, so she is not the bearer of the Rune of Change
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
benderboyboy

Post by benderboyboy »

but still, it would explain why she is immortal and why her lilly cant find the true rune on her. it could also explain why her hair in suiko 5 is pink(going for a new look). maybe Konami is trying to mislead us cause the true rune of change could possibly be the truth. it would also explain why Jeanne has so many shopes and in every suikoden(even tactics) cause the wielder of the rune is surpose to search for some paradise or someting.

anyways, even if Jeanne doesnt have the rune, she could propbly have a lesser version of the rune of change. and i doubt that she is working for leknnat since leknat did not appear in tactics, so there is no reason for her to watch over anyone in leknat's stead.and from the map on http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.php if u study it carefully, it shows that Jeanne travels in a pattern. it may just be me but it seems like she came down from north towards the island nations than to Falena tto the armes kingdom ruin then back up north again to antei then to Greenhill. next she escaped to the nearby two rivers. after that she went north again to the Grassland.so its obvious that wherever she is heading back up north after coming down to the south.

if im not wrong bout it, sooner or latter, the first Fire Bringer War would come out in game and we would see what she did before even suiko 4.
please visit http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520120/1/ to read my new suikoden fan-fic story guys.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

benderboyboy wrote:but still, it would explain why she is immortal and why her lilly cant find the true rune on her. it could also explain why her hair in suiko 5 is pink(going for a new look). maybe Konami is trying to mislead us cause the true rune of change could possibly be the truth. it would also explain why Jeanne has so many shopes and in every suikoden(even tactics) cause the wielder of the rune is surpose to search for some paradise or someting.
anyways, even if Jeanne doesnt have the rune, she could propbly have a lesser version of the rune of change. and i doubt that she is working for leknnat since leknat did not appear in tactics, so there is no reason for her to watch over anyone in leknat's stead.and from the map on http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.php if you study it carefully, it shows that Jeanne travels in a pattern. it may just be me but it seems like she came down from north towards the island nations than to Falena tto the armes kingdom ruin then back up north again to antei then to Greenhill. next she escaped to the nearby two rivers. after that she went north again to the Grassland.so its obvious that wherever she is heading back up north after coming down to the south.

if im not wrong bout it, sooner or latter, the first Fire Bringer War would come out in game and we would see what she did before even suiko 4.
No true rune grants immortality. Jeane has a closer relation with Ancient Armes as revealed in Suikoden V. Ancient Armes predates Sindar. Eresh also has something to do with Ancient Armes. These two characters has a relationship of some sorts. Which means that Jeane is most likely from Ancient Armes. She was most likely a high ranking rune mistress and she most likely reincarnates over and over again. This would explain why Koroku seems to hint at her having a another form and the what goes on in the bath scene between her and Viki. She probably has to leave each rune shop in order to keep suspicion about her to a minimum. She values her privacy and would not want to have people inquiring about her supposed agelessness.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
benderboyboy

Post by benderboyboy »

after reading the previous post, it seems like many ageless people are tied to Jeanne.like Leknaat,Eresh(who is most likely ageless as well),Simeon,Zerase,Kyril and the true rune bearers. if we could just find out wat they have in comon and why she is in almost every suikoden, we could propably solve the mystery behind Jeanne dont you think.
please visit http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520120/1/ to read my new suikoden fan-fic story guys.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Perhaps another race beside Humans?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
sin

Post by sin »

From what I've noticed while playing suikoden 3-5 I've come up with a theory to what she really is. I'm not sure if she uses some rune or magic to keep her appearance but I believe she is some kind of cat or cat-person. The reasons why I'm thinking this is because:

In suikoden 3 the dog can see her real form and just from my personal opinion I think dogs have a sixth sense about cats.

In suikoden 4 I noticed that on one of the loading screens there is a picture of Jeane followed by a group of cats.

In suikoden 5 there were a couple of things. The ruins which she takes you to looks rather egyption and what animal do egyptions treat with great respect? CATS. Also in one of the scenes Jeane said she something about wanting to be called cute which is what cats are.

I'm sure there are some other hints and stuff but other than that, this is my opinion on her secret. By the way, dont you think Eresh looks like he has some cat ears under that robe of his?
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Lol! She's really a Nay-Kobold and Chiepoo is her dad! Thats such an awesome theory! I love you!

lol...joke

Yeah, its not a bad theory. That would be some pretty good hidden innuendo as far as I'm concerned :o Sneaky Konami.
Twin Dragon

Re: Jeane and Zerase and Eresh... (Spoilers for V)

Post by Twin Dragon »

Maybe Zerase will tie back the sun and the night rune together again by uniting the Dawn, Twilight and the Star Rune.
JanusThePaladin

Re:

Post by JanusThePaladin »

benderboyboy wrote:after reading the previous post, it seems like many ageless people are tied to Jeanne.like Leknaat,Eresh(who is most likely ageless as well),Simeon,Zerase,Kyril and the true rune bearers. if we could just find out wat they have in comon and why she is in almost every suikoden, we could propably solve the mystery behind Jeanne dont you think.
Simeon is immortal?
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

hey... jeane doesn't necessarily have to be bearing a true rune to be accepted as its owner right? if i read right sierra lost her blue moon rune for quite a while and it still considered her the owner and she never aged. (maybe just because shes a vampire... but what if jeane is the true owner of the sun rune?) that seems unlikely but still...

also... yuber's race? hes not human and pesmerga probably isnt either... maybe with or without a true rune their race has a long lifespan?
i wonder... is Jeane older than Sierra?
JanusThePaladin

It has been stated that Jeane's agelessness is not connected to a true rune, so she couldnt be the bearer or the owner.

And is Simeon immortal? Someone tell me!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

"Simeon is a very powerful sorcerer, who age far exceeds his appearance. His exact age is unknown, but stories about his powers of healing far outdate his physical appearance."

-from his character profile here at suikosource

hope it helps..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
JanusThePaladin

*Gasp*

I didnt know that! WTF? Are they going to reintroduce him to the series?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He has some potential, but it seems to me that Konami already has too many other "mysterious" characters to explain.

Konami hasn't had the opportunity to mess with the Tactics characters outside of that game, so it's difficult to say if they'll bother using those characters again and making them Stars of Destiny (other than returning characters from the 4th game, of course).
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Maybe u don't "Rest" in the game too much.. I remember him saying about his age on a "Rest" event. OR maybe on the event of his experiment. Or maybe both..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!