Kyle Hated on the Prince!

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Waylander

Kyle Hated on the Prince!

Post by Waylander »

I'm not sure which of the 2 forums this should go in but...

Did anyone else get this and laugh out loud? Right after the Prince changes into the outfit he's wearing on the cover if you go downstairs and talk to Kyle he says something to the effect of
"you look 5x more manly than usual."

This was so funny to me because I caught myself hating on the Prince every cut scene just out of impluse. He does look like a wuss, Lyon's got the drop on him and I think Lym could too. Is Kyle making fun of him or being serious?

Going off the rest of his sense of humor and personality I think he's hating on him. Anyone else think this was funny or the Prince looks like a girl?
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

He does have girly legs, and those tights that he wears, I don't think I've ever seen a guy wear tights with the under foot thing. But he is a bit on the girly side, I guess its because he gets his looks from his mother ^^ But I happen to like his "commoners" clothes more.
Orochi_Rockman

Post by Orochi_Rockman »

I thought his "Cover" armor that he finally wears looked the most girly of all of them.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I'm cracking up at the mention of the "Under foot thing" I Love it! He is such a girl, I just thought it was great that Kyle called him out on it.
Qbwpij

Aww...

Post by Qbwpij »

That makes me sad. :(

Kyle's such a jerk! Poor Hero5... Those are my favorite clothes that he wears. Of all the heroes of the past Suikoden Games, I think that he's got the best character design. I think the silver hair and the orange clothing go very nicely together, and then the black adds a very nice highlight to the colors. :o Sometimes I wish people would wear stuff like that in the real world. I think it's a gorgeous costume design. :3

But I guess I'm biased. I don't like manly men like Viktor and stuff. Then again, the past heroes haven't been all that macho, come to think about it. I totally dig the pretty boy look. :3

By the way, I think the 'under foot' thing's a stirrup? I'm not sure.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

You Are Crazy. Kyle is awesome.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Pahn wrote:You Are Crazy. Kyle is awesome.
I whole heartidly agree, his magic kicks ass too :D

I got a flowing and mother earth orb on him and he owns, not to mention his attack is incredible too and with a firefly rune on galleon..kyle's low defense dosen't even matter!
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

I just replayed that part, and Kyle says, "Hey, nice duds, Prince! You look about five times more manlier than usual. If I were a girl, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you!"

So, did this comment set off waves of yaoi dojinshi in Japan?
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I too will get on the Kyle's a badass bangwagon. I too have a mother earth and flowing rune on him. He's awesome and would be a great drinking buddy.

As to the Prince's prissy clothes, the tights gotta go. I liked the orange thing well enough.

By the way, a 'Victor' type lead star would rock.
Wodan

Post by Wodan »

Yeah one thing I hate about Suikoden 1,2,4 and 5 is the heroes speech. A main character like Viktor with something to say about everything would be good.

And it wouldn't be hard to make two voice clips for every choice either.
Considering every fighting SoD has a few different grunts and battle won voice clips.
Hero: He said..He wanted some bread...

Cray: Hahahahah..
Wonderwhite!
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

The Queendom is ruled by women, its only natural that the boys of the royal family would be slightly effeminate.

unfortunately, the first time I saw a picture of the prince...I thought ht was a flat chested girl, and said " Wow, shes hot "
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

[quote="Komataguri"]The Queendom is ruled by women, its only natural that the boys of the royal family would be slightly effeminate.
quote]

Thats ridiculous my dad ran our family and my sisters are the girlyiest of girls ever. Nothing close to Tombay status.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Waylander wrote:
Komataguri wrote:The Queendom is ruled by women, its only natural that the boys of the royal family would be slightly effeminate.
quote]

Thats ridiculous my dad ran our family and my sisters are the girlyiest of girls ever. Nothing close to Tombay status.
Your dad isn't the queen of an entire nation either in a fictional video game, either. :roll:
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

For Shame... I can't bring myself to comment on the above further.

Back to hating on the Prince, yesterday while playing someone else commented on his clothes. I think it was Raja maybe, whoever it was said something to the effect of, "Nice outfit. Before you just looked like some street punk. Now you look like... well I'm not really sure what you look like."

I think it funny that at least two people, SoD's nonetheless, have commented on his attire in a not so positive way. It's almost like Konami is making fun of themselves.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I also forgot that Josephine hated on the Prince as well. She said he looked like a "dirty grassie" or something like that when he was wearing the orange thing. But she actually liked him when he was wearing his more... flamboyant outfit. The grasslanders clothes were different but not that bad. And the prince's orange garb was the same, different but okay. Josephine's taste in clothes seems to be as bad as the Prince's.