Kyle Hated on the Prince!

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
fashion diva

Post by fashion diva »

Waylander wrote:Fashion Diva, I wasn't trying to comment on you English or spelling. Trust me, my is much worse and I’m a native speaker.
I wasn't thinking you were, really. I was pointing that out because unfortunatly, it usually happens that I'm misunderstood or something because I can't well express myself with my bad english. That's all, really.
I'll accept everything you said about clothing concepts and design, fictional games, and blah, blah, blah, at the end of the day... The prince looks ridiculous. As Rivera said, it's just not my taste. Would you dress your kid up like that?
I wouldn't dress him like Georg either. I wouldn't dress him like Killey. I wouldn't dress him like Riou, Nash or Tir as well. As I said... Reality is different from games, and you all know this. But if you want to keep it in "if you were in suikoden world" then I can say without doubt that yes, I would dress him like that. Why? Because I love cute things. And if my son were as cute as the prince... maybe I would dres shim even worse.
The fact that it isn't just your taste doesn't change the fact that you still talk about tastes. People have obviously different tastes from each other. And my talking about fashion sense before was obviusly a joke, if some people didn't get it and got offended by it. My opinion are by no means absolute.
That outfit actually fits some past Suikoden characters, naturally all their names elude me now. Little help? There have been some flamboyant, aggressively annoying character that I can see wearing that, just not the Prince.
Unfortunatly, I have no idea what flamboyant means. *sob* And I havn't get the sense of this statement actually. If you could explain it with others word you'll make me an happy fashion diva.
Sickpup, don't misunderstand. Silent protagonist can kick ass. I think Geddoe was the best of the lot, because there was some much mystery around him and he raises a lot of questions Where as the others are quiet and you don’t care because you already know the past events of their life. But 'silent protagonist' is kind of a literary oxymoron, and yes I understand this is a videogame. Look at classical Greek, read Shakespeare, hell look at a lot of video games, lead character don't sit back and relax, they take action and speak out to the point of belligerence.

Or how about Out laws of the Marsh, the book Suikoden is modeled after. Song Jiang wasn't exactly hiding in the shadows, he was an activist out doing things. Reluctant yes, but not silent. I also know there are 10,000 great pieces of literature out their I haven't read, so whoever's thinking about it, spare the list and make your point.
and I... really don't understand what this has to do with the prince's clothing. Unfortunatly I have a bad fever, and this certianly doesn't help. Again, if you can explain again. Sorry for the bother really.
In any case, about my previous statement "i don't think they were joking", I forgot to explain why.
The reason is simple. A lot of people actually compliments the Prince new clothings. Not just that... I do believe those new clothes really make him looks more manly. Don't get me wrong, the prince IS a bishounen (aka pretty boy), so there's no way he'll get suddently manly. But it's true that those clothes make him more adult looking. I don't know if "manly" can be interpreted as "adult" as well in english, but I guess that was the case. (not for talking about the fact that it coul be a translation error as well...) And thinking about it, that clothe make the prince muscles more visible and all.
In the end, it's clear that creators of Suiko5 does believe the prince is a cutie, and he's dressed in a cute way. The fact that almost all women in Suiko5 actually comment the Prince cuteness kinda proove that.
I guess they really wanted to make a bishounen main chara (wich, in a japanase way of thinking isn't so strange at all).
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Kyle is a perv who does not know what the hell hes talking about. Seriously I think Kyle needs to grow up and stop acting like a child. Him hating on the prince is obviously because he envies the prince and wishes he could be him.
fashion diva

Post by fashion diva »

Simeon wrote:Kyle is a perv who does not know what the hell hes talking about. Seriously I think Kyle needs to grow up and stop acting like a child. Him hating on the prince is obviously because he envies the prince and wishes he could be him.
and could you say something more that could support your theory? Because really, has you placed it, it doesn't make much sense.
When do you think he showed his envy? And why, on your opinion, he would wish to be the prince?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Simeon wrote:Kyle is a perv who does not know what the hell hes talking about. Seriously I think Kyle needs to grow up and stop acting like a child. Him hating on the prince is obviously because he envies the prince and wishes he could be him.
I COMPLETELY dissagree. There is NO substatial evidence to your theory and the overal remark is just ridiculous. And he certainly isn't a prevert. That kind of hormonal behavior is rather normal.
hi_immichelle

Post by hi_immichelle »

kyle seems like a pretty nice guy, a bit flirty and he definitely likes girls. i really don't think he envies the prince, i mean, it's. . unlikely, really. he's just seems like a playful, happy-go-lucky pretty boy, but when he's serious, you'd see that he's responsible and tough.
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

In Rainwall when you meet up with him and he asks whether or not you and Luscerina are a thing. Afterwards one of his responses is something like "if you dont like her ill break her in" I dont know it could be my mind is totally guttered.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

My mind is always in the gutter. I see what you are saying and I remember Kyle saying something to that effect. I think it was just talk. I say things to my friends that maybe true, but I don't always act on it.

"Wow, look at that girl. She's hot! I'd like to drill her to the wall." Doesn't mean I'm about to attack or a sexual predator. I think the same is true for Kyle.
I love that guy.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Rivera wrote:
For some reason Roy's regular attire when he's not completely cloning the prince looks a lot less effeminate despite the same basic principle.
I’d been away from the game for awhile but yesterday got back to it. I’m at a point where Roy is used a lot and has some things to say. He's a little bit of an asshole and very assertive, not that those are strictly masculine traits. But I get some much more personality from Roy than the prince, maybe it’s because he talks and speaks him mind whereas the prince talks through Lyon or the tactician lady. So despite his looks he doesn't seem effeminate to me.

When he does dress up like the Prince, part of me keeps waiting to hear him comment on the clothes. I think he hates the prince and everyone else too. He’s got a little bit of the 17 mad at my dad and the world thing going on. Kind of annoying.
kenderlyn

Post by kenderlyn »

Just a brief note, I liked Prince more than previous heroes, because although he has no more of a voice than the earlier Tenkai, his face is extremely expressive. Lazlo always had the same expression, kind of sullen looking, but Prince didn't, he smiled, he cried, he was human.
Kenderlyn

Did you know that explosives can come in small packages too?. Oops!
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Qbwpij wrote:I just replayed that part, and Kyle says, "Hey, nice duds, Prince! You look about five times more manlier than usual. If I were a girl, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you!"

So, did this comment set off waves of yaoi dojinshi in Japan?
It was probably intended to be a joke.
Anyway Kyle's attitude is awesome.
Sagiri

Re: Kyle Hated on the Prince!

Post by Sagiri »

I think the prince is a regular Yuki Sohma.
Fruits Basket.
Everybody thinks he looks like a girl.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Tenko5

Re:

Post by Tenko5 »

A. theres nothing wrong with being a perv dont hate on us.
B. Its a video game character i think you need to grow up and not worry about it so much.
C. I think he has too many ladies to think about to be jealous of the prince who is smothered by Lyon (god i hate her so much).

now on topic, I think he was just teasing the prince. Like its been pointed out he does it all the time, also out of all the knights hes the most laid back with the prince acting more like his friend than underling subordiante type person. Lastly, i think theres been a push for more pretty boy heroes in the past few years of gaming. I will quote something said for MGS2, "I think you should make a different character cause I think snake looks old and old looking guys are ugly. You should make a pretty boy." Perhaps not a straight quote but that was the basic gist of a letter sent to the MGS2 staff and actually influenced Raiden's character for the game. I think game developers are noticing that more and more girls are picking up on games and as with guys wanting "attractive girls" (as attractive as any pixel can be) so do girls. So, making a pretty boy hero helps get girls into the game...maybe.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?