**Connection between flame champion and tir?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
chrono_ad86

**Connection between flame champion and tir?

Post by chrono_ad86 »

i have been wondering and its been bugging me..is da flame champion in sk3 somehow connected with tir from sk1??they resemble each other..could it also mean they possess the same true rune?

-the staff as a weapon
-dress code almost similar
-features also da same

can someone help me!!could it be that both are the same person? and that does sk3 events take place before or after sk1?i think its waayy after..
Buff

Post by Buff »

s3 takes place 15 years after s2.plus the flame champ has the true fire rune when he was alive and tir had the soul eater.totally different true runes.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not to mention the FC was out kickin' Harmonian tushy long before Tir was even born, so, to answer your question simply; no, it's not possible at all.

EDIT: Grammar correction.
Last edited by Lemmy Claypool on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Tir must be a fan of the FC or something ^^

It's really impossible to be the same person.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

FC looks too old to be Tir, Tir is stuck at that young age with soul eater, and i dont think you can have two true runes. Big no no.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

And didn't the FC live for 150 years or something (i cant recall...)which would make him older than tir's father, teo. I did notice that they looked smiliar, clothes and all.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

He lived for around 80 or so if I recall correctly. And the idea that Tir is the Flame Champion is..well, wrong. Teo is Tir's father and we know this for certain. We know that he was born in Toran...and we pretty much know that the Flame Champion comes from the Grasslands. Also, we must not forget that Sania (sp??) knew the Flame Champion ever since he first started out and he could confide in her. Now, look at her age and look at Tir who was probably around 16-18 at the end of Suikoden 1..making him around 31-35 when Suikoden 3 took place. There is no way they are the same people.

The staff, red outfit, and bandana were just trends they used for the heroes and it only makes sense that the Flame Champion would be a victim of those trends. Also, there is very little possibility that Tir would have ever learned of the Flame Champion. He was believed to be a legend for most parts. I doubt they would have had any accurate descriptions of him for Tir to immitate.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

demon eye wrote:He lived for around 80 or so if I recall correctly. And the idea that Tir is the Flame Champion is..well, wrong. Teo is Tir's father and we know this for certain. We know that he was born in Toran...and we pretty much know that the Flame Champion comes from the Grasslands. Also, we must not forget that Sania (sp??) knew the Flame Champion ever since he first started out and he could confide in her. Now, look at her age and look at Tir who was probably around 16-18 at the end of Suikoden 1..making him around 31-35 when Suikoden 3 took place. There is no way they are the same people.

The staff, red outfit, and bandana were just trends they used for the heroes and it only makes sense that the Flame Champion would be a victim of those trends. Also, there is very little possibility that Tir would have ever learned of the Flame Champion. He was believed to be a legend for most parts. I doubt they would have had any accurate descriptions of him for Tir to immitate.
All of that is true but it is fun to think about it, I like to theorize a lot because it is pretty fun and when you do it opens up a whole new storyline, created by you yourself and if you ask me some of the theories people have on this forum wouldn't make a bad story in the game. sorry for going off-topic, but yeah everything you said abotu Tir and FC is right, Tir couldn't have been related to him. Here is an idea, what if Teo McDhol had a brother in the grasslands and his brother was the father of the FC or if that doesn't fit the timeline, what if Teo McDhol's grandpa was the father of the FC. It gets really complex and it all comes down to that the FC could be Tir's uncle or Tir's grandpa's brother or something. Just a theory :)
Night

Post by Night »

Yep, and that's called fanfiction, and has its own place on the 'net. One of the things I like about Suikosource is that most of the users base their ideas and observations on the facts we know from the games. In my view, that makes it a lot more interesting. Otherwise you can just about claim anything. May as well claim that Lino En Kuldes went to Harmonia as leader of the Island Nations, stole the Eightfold rune (spelling?) changed his name to Yuber and went on a rampage, and that Pesmerga is in fact Lazlo chasing after him. Complete rubbish of course, but basedo n just as much fact as the idea of the FC being a relation of Tir's.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
chrono_ad86

Post by chrono_ad86 »

wow..so ic...pretty cool..heh..i like da idea of FC being related 2 tir and all..for all we noe maybe leknaat reincarnated FC to tir?possible?since FC died..juz an idea..
Buff

Post by Buff »

pesmerga786 wrote:I did notice that they looked smiliar, clothes and all.
almost every main character except in 3 and 4,they had the same similar style cloths.they may not be exactly the same but they are very similar.even the prince in 5 will have a similar set.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Buff wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:I did notice that they looked smiliar, clothes and all.
almost every main character except in 3 and 4,they had the same similar style cloths.they may not be exactly the same but they are very similar.even the prince in 5 will have a similar set.
You know, it could be nothing more than the clothes are related to the type of weapon the person uses.
Playing Suikoden III......
Buff

Post by Buff »

riou and the prince weild different weapons.but from a scan on the prince in his "tir cloths" he also weilds a staff.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Ha, why is this thread still here? Anyone who played Suikoden 1 and suikoden 3 should know that tir and the flame champ are two different people. The topic should not even be up for discussion.

Also, Buff, the prince's weapon changes from a staff to a three part rod weapon, so it's much different than tir's standard bo staff.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
Also, Buff, the prince's weapon changes from a staff to a three part rod weapon, so it's much different than tir's standard bo staff.
nice,thought that it would change into some thing like that when i first saw the scan.