kasumi + mcdohl = <3

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
EmOpUnKbOi

kasumi + mcdohl = <3

Post by EmOpUnKbOi »

i don't know if this is a well-known fact or whatever, but i noticed this the last time i played suikoden 2. i had kasumi in my main party and she was part of the team when i participated in the mcdohl quest. there is a scene where kasumi talks to mcdohl on the docks in banner village. then after you return to gregminster upon saving koh, she has an additional scene with mcdohl in his bedroom. judging from the kinds of things she said, it hinted that kasumi and mcdohl had a relationship with each other. then at the end of the game when it says what happened to all of the characters it said that kasumi returned to rokkaku town but she visited gregminster once a week. so is the whole kasumi/mcdohl thing a hidden thing or does everyone know about it?
so give me all your poison and give me all your pills
and give me all your hopeless thoughts that make me ill
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, it is known that Kasumi and Tir had something together and that she is quite fond of him. But, nothing could ever become of that because if she gets too close she will most likely end up dead..aside from the fact that he will never grow old and she will continue to age and pass away. But, she does visit him and it seems like they had the possibility to be very close if it wasn't for him being the bearer of the Soul Eater.
EmOpUnKbOi

Post by EmOpUnKbOi »

sweet. thanks for clearing that up for me.
so give me all your poison and give me all your pills
and give me all your hopeless thoughts that make me ill
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

it would be cool if they had gotten together but sadly being a bearer of a true rune love can't get in the way considering the aging factor also. Sucks for Kasumi
... :(
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

the judgement rune just take the lives of everyone that the bearer care or love? i think it wouldn't kill anymore since it's reached the utmost lvl...after ted soul is sucked by it
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[=Gandalf=]
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

if that were so then tir wouldnt have to avoid people, which as we can see isnt the case. this leads me to belive that the rune is still trying to take souls
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I've been an avid Kasumi x Tir supporter ever since the first game came out. I'd like to believe that at some point, he ended up with her. She was definitely the main love interest for Tir. I don't count Cleo, because I always thought her and Pahn would have something going on later on.

That, and you can see them spending time together alone in Suikogaiden.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

wait this is a penninsula...gremio soul was already sucked by it, and then he ressurrected...the soul goes back and the rune change nothing? the power that gremio death brought to the rune didn't desapear, so gremio is now a soulless form wandering? since he still hangs with mcdohl without fear of get killed
[=Gandalf=]
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

so does that mean Gremio can't die??? or age???
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

No, Gremio soul was in fact never taken I believe. Based on the power of the Gate Rune to open gates between dimensions and the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny, I believe that Leknaat opened up a passage in the dimension that went to the point before Gremio was killed by the man-eating spores and opened another gate taking him to the point where the 108 Stars had gathered.

This was powerful magic that could only occur once and counteracted the Soul Eater thus saving Gremio's soul. But, you have to recall that True Runes all have equal power. So, eventhough Gremio's soul was saved due to manipulating the dimensions by the Gate Rune, the Soul Eater would not lose it's power because it would naturally counteract the power of the Gate Rune. That is my hypothesis. I believe this is sound because we all must recall that Gremio comes out saying what happened and where am I. This suggest he was taken from that very moment in Milich's castle.

So, no Gremio is not ageless or without a soul. He will eventualy die, but just like getting an antibiotic to a virus, he has become immune to the Soul Eater's curse through exposure due to powerful outside magic.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

hmm interessing theory, but since the start i prefered to ressurrect Odessa, than gremio, he is useless, and Odessa ressurrected would give a nice story for the game
[=Gandalf=]
Belle

Post by Belle »

Gandalf wrote:hmm interessing theory, but since the start i prefered to ressurrect Odessa, than gremio, he is useless, and Odessa ressurrected would give a nice story for the game
Can you please explain to me how resurrecting Odessa "would give a nice story for the game"?
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

i loved oddessa as a character, but i think that her ressurection would of made the war quite pointless, she made tir the leader,her coming back from the dead would undermine his leadership.

besides her death was one of the most moving moments in any rpg, bringing her back would of ruined it.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Another point is that no matter how close Tir was to Odessa, he's alot closer to Gremio and can use Gremio. I never found him useless, he had good attack and decent enough magic and was able to do a unite attack.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

well i don't find h useful and i think it would be better with odessa thats my opinion, you have yours :wink:
[=Gandalf=]