Wheres Leknaat?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Godly Karma - Troy.

Post by Godly Karma - Troy. »

I hope she is more profound next time around, I wish they would solidify her roll better, as it is pretty much fluid in the fact that it is mostly undefined. They could have a great start with her, a chance to remake..well not so much remake as RE-define her. Oh well.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I'm hoping to see some screenshots of her very soon. We've seen her art on the CD, but I really hope that she looks stunning in the graphics. I enjoyed seeing her screenshots from S4 before the game came out...and she had a pretty important role there. I'm hoping that her role is more defined this time around. She seemed so distant in Suikoden IV, whereas she seemed very warm and welcoming in Suikoden 1. I'm hoping that she is more friendly in Suikoden V as well.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I really hope leknaat is exactly the same with a little twist,being as kind as she wa sin suikoden 1 would completley ruin her character IMO
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It wouldn't be strange for her to act more like her S1 self, due to how the game is the closest to V in terms of timeframe. However, back then she had a direct involvement with the war (it was called the Gate Rune War for a reason), which might explain the extra warmth in her personality.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I agree, that she may have been more friendly because of her direct involvement with the war, but she also was pretty friendly before she knew that Tir was the Tenkai. she called him "cute" right away, and gave Cleo a fire rune just for being Tir's bodyguard. She wasn't exactly like that in 4. I'm hoping that there's just a little of her "suikoden 1 personality" in the new one. I have a feeling that she was so "cold" in 4 because she really didn't have any company, unless Luc was around then, which I don't think he was. Will he be born by the time V's time period is around?
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Evershadow

Post by Evershadow »

There is an all new seer I think. check this out:http://suikox.com/s5/s5chars.html. This is a full list of new chars but it does have imperfections.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Most of us here are aware of that list. Also, Leeknat is in Suikoden V. If you check the earlier post I believe there is a picture of her via a link.
I hope everything is going delicious.
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Angelis Taleria:

Not calling you out, but I have a question. I notice that you habitually refer to Leknaat as "Leeknat." Is this a typo, or are you espousing an alternate Romanization?
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Oh, it's fine. It's just a typo. Hard to believe, but even I make mistakes. =O =P I merely get the e's and a's confused.
I hope everything is going delicious.
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

About the lady herself: My feeling is that her story is probably going to remain up Konami's sleeve until the final installment. Although it's entirely possible (and perhaps even likely) that her appearance in games with widely distanced time-frames owes simply to her possession of a true rune, I suspect that there's more going on than that - she and Windy may have more in common with Jeane or Viki than we know. Or maybe not, I guess. Whatever.

In terms of niceness, what do you expect from her? I suppose her tone became more formal after the first game, but I never considered her rude by any means.

Of course, all of this assumes that someone with long-term creative vision and integrity is at the helm of the series and that changes in her behavior aren't the result of capricious translation. I am not convinced that this is currently the case, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Leknaat has only been featured on the premium DVD cover and the disk itself; we have yet to see her in the game.

More than likely, she will make at least one appearance, we just haven't seen where yet. I would like to see what Zerase and Leknaat have to say to each other, if they ever meet in the game, personally.
Koredju

Post by Koredju »

My opinion about leknaat is that she do anything to have the tenkai in her way, because the first one in history was hikusaak.
By guiding the Tenkai's she can influence the story and the nature of their bearer's by keeping the way to her scheme...

Theposition in suikoden begin with the "hero war" if we refere to the timelines. She was in the camp of the gate clan who loose to the first Tenkai: Hikusaak.

I think that leknaat is trying to stop Hikusaak who's planning to get all the true runes by giving to different tenkais a good position to get them some power over history or simply over the rune (look at Tir or Lazlo who had overcome curses of their Runes and Riou who made what leknaat can't do with her own rune and Thomas who have some partucilarities who make him in someway special in the suikoden histories..I've my idea on him but it's not the place i think :p).

So to resume, leknaat is for me a feud to hikusaak, not more than that, noneless and she'll be surely an enemy the suikoden who'll take place in the hero war (if this one happen to be done, of course ^^; )

ps: sorry for my bad english :-/
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I doubt that Leknaat has a feud with Hikusaak. History pretty much suggests that Hikusaak was around before her. Also, we cannot be certain he was the first Tenkai either just because he is known as the One Hero. That name has many other inclinations. Also, it seems like Hikusaak and Leknaat want the same thing and are working together in many ways, but that is just my point of view.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Well...can you call thwarting his plans working together? Unless of course, there's some sort of conspiracy, and she was lying to Luc and Sarah all this time. But...I just don't know about that...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We're just looking for Leknaat in this topic. There's no need to make this into a discussion about her character; there are other threads for that.