Graham Cray

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Soul Eater

Graham Cray

Post by Soul Eater »

When I first saw him, I thought that he was some kind of frankensteins monster type character? Just what is that line across his forhead?

When Ramada says "his left hand is poisonous", does he mean that it fires poisoned darts? Is it a kind of mechanical hand, because that seems a bit advanced...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

For Cray's poisonous darts, look here: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2968
For almost three pages full of text, almost no conclusion was made concerning Graham Cray and his arm/poison darts.

About that line across Graham's forehead, we have no idea.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's a decorative headband, isn't it? Or is there another line that I've missed?
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's a decorative headband, isn't it? Or is there another line that I've missed?
I started to think that later on... but at first I thought it was stitches like on Frankenstein's monster. I'm not sure now.
Sigurd
Location: Suikoden IV is the best ever Suikoden - Tactics is the worst.

Post by Sigurd »

Re-posted from another thread:
Sigurd wrote:I know about Cray once having the RoP and cutting his hand off, using his son etc... [said by Elenor towards the end]. But, does he have a true rune of some sort? I'm curious as to how he revived that Great Tree, which still confuses me as to why someone would have an animated tree?
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

The mark on Cray's forehead is actually a true rune: The True Poor Character Design Rune. He stole it from Lino En Kuldes, its rightful bearer.

I always found Cray's freaky visage kind of disturbing, and I actually wish more had been done to emphasize his "not-quite-rightness." We might have been better prepared for the creepy adultery theme in Suikoden Tactics if we'd been exposed to some gothic revelation about Cray's lobotomy or self-mutilation or something. If you're going to be seamy, Konami, you have to commit.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sigurd wrote:Re-posted from another thread:
Sigurd wrote:I know about Cray once having the RoP and cutting his hand off, using his son etc... [said by Elenor towards the end]. But, does he have a true rune of some sort? I'm curious as to how he revived that Great Tree, which still confuses me as to why someone would have an animated tree?
Answering that here would be a Rhapsodia spoiler. Please check out the related sections for the discussion threads on the Tree Dragon there.
Sigurd
Location: Suikoden IV is the best ever Suikoden - Tactics is the worst.

Post by Sigurd »

Couldn't someone just PM the answer to me? Since I'll never play Rhapsodia - probably because I can't get it.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Shiva

Post by Shiva »

YouKnowYouGeddoe wrote:The mark on Cray's forehead is actually a true rune: The True Poor Character Design Rune. He stole it from Lino En Kuldes, its rightful bearer.

I always found Cray's freaky visage kind of disturbing, and I actually wish more had been done to emphasize his "not-quite-rightness." We might have been better prepared for the creepy adultery theme in Suikoden Tactics if we'd been exposed to some gothic revelation about Cray's lobotomy or self-mutilation or something. If you're going to be seamy, Konami, you have to commit.
Sorry, I didn't catch that. Anyway, is there such a True Rune??? And when should he have stolen it from Lino En Kuldes?? Now I'm a bit confused...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

He's blatantly lying, obviously. Just ignore that post.
Albert Silverberg

Post by Albert Silverberg »

There's no such thing as a True Rune for that. :)

Anyways, I hate Cray's look, and everything about him.

Lino En Kuldes a poor design??? Hell No! Lino was cool character in his own right, especially when he shouts his own name, "I am the King of Obel, LINO EN KULLDESSSS!" or something like that. He was also great during cutscenes, and I liked how he doesn't dress up as King. I remember the scene wherein Chiepoo kinda doubts his being King, cause of how he dresses.

IN gameplay though he sucked, he was a strong attacker with low HP.
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Lino's voice acting was excellent, I thought, and I liked his attitude as well. It's his attire that bothers me. He reminds me of a bouncer at Jimmy Buffett concert.

Suikoden IV suffers from lackluster costuming across the board, I think. Not only are most of the characters' wardrobes unremarkable, but the various islanders all seem to have relatively similar garb - rather than accentuate their cultural distinctions, Konami just made all their clothing sort of bland.

Getting back to Cray, however, I think this worked for the Kooluk; their austere, monochromatic clothes reinforced their disciplined, humorless demeanor. Of course, Suikoden Tactics diluted this by introducing colorful Kooluk uniforms. C'est la vie.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

I always thought that he abused the Rune Of Punishment and for that, the rune beat him right back. Causing the scars and eventually leading to him cutting off his hand.
Deathrace King
Sagiri

Re: Graham Cray

Post by Sagiri »

Awesome!!!! The rune must not have liked cray. He DID decimate a whole bunch of stuff with the rune, didn't he?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.