Gay Characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The developer is the only person who can decide fictional sexualities.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Knight Yuber

Gay Characters

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Players can assume they're a characters gay even though they act it they're really not. I'll take that Judas Priest comment I believe you were looking for Rob Halford. George Michael former lead singer of Wham nobody knew it, go look at the video (Wake Me Up) that made people wonder this dude might be gay.

Is there any game out there that has a confirmed gay character¿
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Eagle from Street Fighter is officially gay. I think Zangief might actually be, too. I was reading about it recently- one of the things that made me think up this topic. Read it here:
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/search.asp
Black Knight Yuber

Gay Characters

Kirke wrote:Eagle from Street Fighter is officially gay. I think Zangief might actually be, too. I was reading about it recently- one of the things that made me think up this topic. Read it here:
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/search.asp
Well that answered my question go figure that US version would censor that.
Duke

Gay Characters

Post by Duke »

some of the best characters might seem gay but i guess youll really never know ....besides if they were i bet no one would really use them
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Well I think it would be a good idea to make aldo officially gay, it helps to persuade people that not all gay people will look like the narcisists, fight like girls, etc. Perhaps in a later suikoden they will have a gay Viktor-like character.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Gay Characters

Post by Oppenheimer »

Duke wrote:besides if they were i bet no one would really use them
I don't think that's true. The series Queer as Folk as well as Will and Grace have large followings. I believe that women and gay men would use gay characters. Also, if there were lesbian characters that were "lipstick lesbians" and thus attractive, I have no doubt straight males would play those characters.
Black Knight Yuber

Gay Characters

The narcissists don't fight like girls in fact some of the are pretty good preferably Vincent & Augustine. A gay Viktor like character will for some reason rune credit to Viktor himself. Narcissits aren't really gay they may act it but narcissist means infatuation & obsession with one's self to the exclusion of others.
Soul Eater

Re: Gay Characters

Post by Soul Eater »

Black Knight Yuber wrote:The narcissists don't fight like girls in fact some of the are pretty good preferably Vincent & Augustine. A gay Viktor like character will for some reason rune credit to Viktor himself. Narcissits aren't really gay they may act it but narcissist means infatuation & obsession with one's self to the exclusion of others.
Oh I know that, if you went back to 16th century France all the men would look like that, regardless of their preferences. But your average teenage male gamer will take one look at them and think they're gay, because the way they speak, act and dress is considered feminine in our culture.

(I do think that the love love attack is the campest thing I have ever seen in a computer game though)

Personally I would use gay characters just as much as straight ones, if they had good stats, unites, runes or something interesting about them. I used Reinbach + Charlemagne quite a bit throughout the game for these reasons.
Black Knight Yuber

Gay Characters

At least the more mature ones would look at them for what they are and statistic wise. Augustine was a force with exception to him wearing his permanent armor. He was untouched in battle S Parry he could swing like 5 times (equipted with white rose broaches) and his dodging was good also. Yes people will criticize them for what they look like & the music that plays in the backround when you talk to them but a characters a character.
Faust

Post by Faust »

For gods sake, Cant people be close friend today? Tir and Gremio is proably only like brothers! Damn that gay talk

Surely they are strange but still the only "gays" proably are the strange musicans
How dare you act outrage because people are speculating whether characters are gay or not. We can speculate on their nationality, their religion, their personalities, their relationships with other characters and so forth, but we can't speculate on their sexuality? Wow, someone has to enter the post-victorian era.

Personally I don't know which would be the "gay" characters. If we go on the whole 10% homoexperience theory then there'd be ten of them per game (but like in life, that would require lots of coincidences to get exactly 1/10th, so there could be NO gay characters in each game or there could be like fifty. We just don't know).

I would say Milich, Vincent and the other narcissists, but that would be quite insulting for all parties concerned for me to assume that they were gay just because they seem to be based on European Renaissance nobility. My guesses would be the pirates (ho ho ho!!), Gremio (he reminds me down to a tee of my friend Paul, who lives with my pals and I and cooks for us a lot and shoot. He looks like him, acts like him and is gay! Oh no!) and maybe Eikie(sp) (Someone going on about wanting to meet strong men and stuff sounds a bit gay to me). Oh, and Gordon the shopkeeper from Suikoden 3 maybe.

This is not to say "GREMIO IS DEFINATELY GAY" as people seem to be saying he definately isn't, so it doesn't really require an overwhelming response of "OMG how cin u tink Germio is HomO?" because it's an opinion man, just like yours is hehe. It's arrogant and ignorant to make claims about characters that aren't based on anything really, and if we're just speculating then surely everyone's opinion is worth something. You think he may not be gay, some people think he may be gay, bisexual, Asexual, whatever. Statisticwise it's much more likely that he's probably a red-blooded randy heterosexual stud, but ruling it out because you don't like the idea of it is a bit neolithic :o.

We just don't know. To be fair, it's entirely up to the writers whether they want to disclose information on character's sexualities. I'm just saying that because say Luc is easilly paired in people's minds with sarah, or that Viktor liked Anabelle, doesn't mean that they're "heterosexual" entire. Or that the narcissists are gay. If I were to say "Teo may be bisexual", I'm sure I'd get responses saying "HE IS NOT HE HAS KIDS >:(!!", despite the number of celebrities in the media who are "outed" years down the line despite having children and wives.

(Ps:
I think Zangief might actually be, too
would be music to my ears. A gay character that isn't a wimping nancy boy but a hairy-butt russian wrestler? That's a lot more realistic. Here comes the future train guys, don't miss it!)
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Hannah

Newbie in the midst.....

Post by Hannah »

Oh dear.....this is the first site I have been to that discusses characters sex preference! I do believe....that I will be coming back......Oh...and I agree....alot of gays are not primpy frou-frou from what I have experienced...but are in fact...quite burly.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

son_michael wrote:I have a feeling rina goes both ways..
Haha! So true.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

No really, why would anyone care enough to know a fictional characters sexual preference? Does it make you feel good to know? That's ludicrous and a really rediculous subject to discuss.

Although I have had my suspicion of the Alma Kinan tribe being lesbian, but then again that is really OUT there and really obvious. The only thing I was curious about, is how is there children there, if there are no men?
I mean, people such as the lead guy for Judas Priest were assumd to be straight and ended up being gay.
Judas Priest is awesome.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There's already a discussion about children in Alma Kinan (just so we don't go off topic) if you want to discuss it further: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3370