Hero and the Obel royal family? -spoiler-

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

i too agree, i mean why would they try to lead you own to believe he's lino's son, and in the end not be but be just some random person who can amazingly hold the rune of punishment without dieing by holding it.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Exactly...........
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

thecontrivance wrote:Exactly...........
thecontrivance you've been told countless times already not to post if you don't have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion.

I highly suggest you read the rules if you wish to stay here much longer.
Sirus2ooo

Post by Sirus2ooo »

This is also supported in suikoden v By the character Bernadette, a member of the royal family and has striking resemblance to hero 4
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Bernadette is not a member of the royal family.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Because Skald Egan is simply an admiral, and not a royal of any sort. The king of the Island Nations Federation at the time of Suikoden V is unknown.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Isn't this breaking the rules?

Anyway, do we even know if there's a king at the time of Suikoden V? I don't remember a mention of one.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Isn't this breaking the rules?
True, moving.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Anyway, do we even know if there's a king at the time of Suikoden V? I don't remember a mention of one.
I think I remember Bernadette making a comment about them but I don't remember what exactly it was she said.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
benderboyboy

Post by benderboyboy »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:Anyway, do we even know if there's a king at the time of Suikoden V? I don't remember a mention of one.
I think I remember Bernadette making a comment about them but I don't remember what exactly it was she said.
oh come on we don need to quote what bernadette said, the HUGE SHIP NAMED LINO EN KULDES was a dead give away.
please visit http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520120/1/ to read my new suikoden fan-fic story guys.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. There are things in Hawaii named after the short-lived Kingdom of Hawaii, but that doesn't support that there is a kingdom in Hawaii, which there is not. Lenin's body is on permanent display in Russia, and yet the USSR fell over 15 years ago. Same for Mao Zedong.

And, we're taking about the INF as a whole, not Obel specifically. The mention of the Obel Maritime Council would seem to dispel any idea of one guy ruling the whole area. Obel itself might be a constitutional monarchy at this time, or a regular monarchy, but that's not what we're discussing.
Sagiri

Re: Hero and the Obel royal family? -spoiler-

Post by Sagiri »

You guys are taking my pansy line out of context. Of course Hero's not a pansy, except compared to Lino. It would be like Arnold Swartzanager having Adam Sandler for a son. Also I was looking at my artbook today, and saw that the Queen was blonde like Lino. With Hero having brown hair makes it seem even more unlikely

Genetics has nothing to do with it. The animators probably decided not to make it TOO obvious.

Both my parents and my sisters have blond hair and blue eyes, but I have brown hair and green eyes.

Konami doesn't give a damn about genetics in some cases.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.