Rowd *Spoilers*

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Gau

Rowd *Spoilers*

Post by Gau »

I remember towards the end of the game some NPC civilian in either Sajah or Kyaro (i think Kyaro) mentioned that he had fled to the south either after Luca was killed or L'Renouille was surrounded or what not although i could be wrong. Is there any possible way to actually kill him in the game? And i don't mean outside your dojo after doing the matilda trick then dying w/o saving. I mean permanently, i really hated that guy.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

No, you cannot kill him because in the story, he lives.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I know Rowd is annoying but why do you want to kill him because of that? He had no choice but to do Luca's bidding because he needed the money to help his sister. That doesn't make him a bad man, it makes him DESPERATE. Okay, I'm not making sense and not relating the topic...

But you can't kill him!
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

But what about himy saying he did it to get a real job? He said he did it so he could gain power. Or am I forgeting something?
Gau

Post by Gau »

He did say he was ambitious, and that was the reason for it. I played Suiko 2 recently, but I don't remember anything about his sister, where does that come from? The manga?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Rowd said that he did it to get promoted into "real" job compared to leading the kiddoes in Unicorn Brigade. Getting promotion would mean receiving more money, the money that he needs to get his sister's treatment.

His purpose was never the power, but the money that the power gives.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Gau

Post by Gau »

Ok, well i didn't know anything about a sister, but still. Helping massacre a bunch of children is still messed up either way you look at it.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Yeah, but there was proboly also the part to save his own hide too. I'm sure it was Luca's idea and if Rowd said no Luca would of killed him and slaughred all the children anyway.

You would also think Rowd would of said soryy or something to the hero and Jowy in the prison.
Gau

Post by Gau »

He did say sorry, but it didn't seem sincere, especially considering what a total pain he was later in the game at Highland's supply base.
DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

it just goes to show the beauty of the suikoden stories. even a character that is seemingly evil has noble virtues behind his actions. kill rowd? heck my first time through the game i was planning on recruiting him anyway! if you can forgive millich for killing your best friend right in front of you in suikoden 1, i think you can forgive rowd for helping plot a massacre of nameless faceless crybabies : P
Gau

Post by Gau »

Eh, Millich was under the control of a black rune, i had no problem with him.

Kill Rowd.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I wanted to recruit Rowd as well. I thought the story was true though. I better research my findings again. Sorry about that. :oops:
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Ok, well i didn't know anything about a sister
Well you can speak to his sister in the house on the middle or right part ot the main street in Kyaro (when you first go there). She says something like when her brother will have enough money to take her to a doctor (or something like that). The thing I want to know is how he got permission to leave the Highland army during the war.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I don't think he did. He just fled, without saying a word.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Probably before Highland was captured by the Dunan Army...