Snowe - spoilers inside!

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well keeping his mouth shut never seems to be an issue with him. He should have at least attempted to say something. He was too much of a doormat early on to be a true hero in my book. Isn't the reason that they have mute protagonists so that they can represent the player and act only as the player directs? Well, I would never have just let myself be accused unjustly and be exiled without a fight, if I were the hero.

About Katrina, by short sighted I was merely referring to the fact that the hero is already quite influential when he and Katrina have their little discussion. He even has the trust of the King of Obel. Surely someone who was a cold blooded murderer wouldn't have progressed like this. I was saying that she should have realized some of this while she was in the pirates nest. But, perhaps you are right that she needed to confirm it. Since the hero never did proclaim his innocence before, maybe this was the first time she'd heard it.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

For Some reason I agree with you. The Hero was nothing more than a doormat for a good chunk of the game. And I want to mention than the fact Glen knew it was the Rune of Punishment AND what it did could have seved the Hero from exile. It shows how much Glen trusts his subordinated, he doesn't even tells them his Vice Commander that he has a rune that consumes life. That is exactly why Glen is also too blame for the whole mess.
Hmm...
Mark

Post by Mark »

I believe that Snowe is the best character in the game. He deals massive amount of damage if you really build him up
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-
Eao

Post by Eao »

to bad we couldn't meld both convos. I think it would be intersting to save all the replies and re-write them into one big essy and put them on a fan site. If thats ok with anyone. Character evaluation is a hard thing to do, as we know some folk just go "oh so and so is cool cuz they got stats/hots/important/a king" but no one looks at them deeper. I think its "sad' that some charas have more backing, but we know we are suppose to be "hero4", so the hero isn't as full as Snowe is. Thats what makes the Sno-valuation easy...he has substance. and trendy outfits.
------------------
seems like the hate thread was gone.....all our good points and the likes. and my post count is lower. what a shame.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

nephlabobo wrote:Big Spoilers!!!!

I remember reading the IGN review talking about Snowe's character development as "really impressive" or something like that.

I was expecting alot more.

He freaks out and abandons his ship, frames you for the death of Glen, sells out his country to their enemies and starts working for them.

(Granted, getting punched in the face by your commander every time you finish a mission isn't morale boosting...but it's no excuse for what he did.)

Then he suddenly disappears for 3/4 of the game except for when he's captured by you .... TWICE!

How much of a dolt is this guy??

By the time he joins your party, you find him completely washed up (no pun intended! haha) AT THE END OF THE GAME. He's suddenly humble and sincere - no DUH - I would be too if I had been found floating on a log!

Not only does he NOT redeem himself as a knight, he lives out his life....AS AN ORDINARY CITIZEN?!

Holy crap, did they EVER drop the ball on this! They could have had a great story focusing on the two former friends tying in with the themes of punishment and atonement - but they dropped the ball and made just as much of a mishmash of this part of the plot as the rest of it.
If they did that it would just an another suikoden 2 but then on water..
Eao

Post by Eao »

Posssilby not, too bad you didn't read the other thread, but Snowe is no Jowy as we've seen, all even events are differnt (to some extent)

Jowy dosen't give up being King, Highland falls. do your reserch SDF
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Yay!
I can finally talk about Snowe....I HATE HIM!!!
A wuss, tattle-tale.....everything about him!!!
Eao

haha owned

Post by Eao »

True Wind Bearer wrote:Yay!
I can finally talk about Snowe....I HATE HIM!!!
A wuss, tattle-tale.....everything about him!!!
deep, meaning full, profound. You've been blessed with the ablity to analyize thing to its fullest extent. why do you hate him? also if hes a tattle-tale then you did do somthing.

"Hero4 has his hands in the cookie jar...now do I get his desert?" one of those. You can have your opinions, but as many of us noticed his apparent cowardly-actions is not without reason. There is understanding. not everyone has wills of iron. I'm sure if you were in the position you'd do a smashing job?

Hey manye someone will take this discussion and create an editoral. sounds good to me. my powers of observation are poor so somone else should do it. plus It won't be meaningfull seeing as how I'm told my posts are always lacking in some departments.
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

for me snowe isnt that bad of a person... he was just pressured by the people of razril for geing a "hero". i think he was also pressured by his own dad. if his a spoiled brat then i blame his dad.
...the only way to remove a warrior's bloodlust is to give his own blood in the battlefield....
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:For Some reason I agree with you. The Hero was nothing more than a doormat for a good chunk of the game. And I want to mention than the fact Glen knew it was the Rune of Punishment AND what it did could have seved the Hero from exile. It shows how much Glen trusts his subordinated, he doesn't even tells them his Vice Commander that he has a rune that consumes life. That is exactly why Glen is also too blame for the whole mess.
When did he say it was the Rune of Punishment? Glen said that he didn't recognize the design of the Rune. Then again, it's been a little while since I've played.

But, there is one thing everyone has forgotten to mention.

The hero was the only one to survive Brandeau's attack--yet, Glen got in the way when the Rune was choosing its next holder. And that Rune was a pushy little Rune, wasn't it?

It would light up constantly on Glen's hand in order for him to use it. As if to say: "You got in my way, so, I need to get rid of you to get to the right person."

Doesn't this seem like it's all planned out by the Rune itself?

But, since this is about Snowe..

I felt sorry for the kid once the game was over, since by then, I understood him better.

Here was this young man, pressured to be a knight by his father, trying his best to meet his father's expectations, and failing. Vingerhut does not strike me as a father who would take his son failing very well. You think Glen's hitting Snowe was bad? A father's disappointment is worse.

Yes, Snowe was probably told he was better than everyone, and that's a pretty hard reputation to live up to. So, when he was "forced" to realize that he wasn't better than everyone, Snowe had a bit of a meltdown. And he was chastized and singled out. He may have considered the Hero his friend, but Snowe was suddenly faced with the fact that his friend was better than Snowe at something.

And all people have gripes about their friends, and we see Snowe's gripes about the Hero come through. Snowe was jealous of the Hero's easy way of making friends. In the opening, we see Tal and Keneth come up and slap the Hero on the back. Can you imagine them doing that with Snowe? Sure, they liked Snowe--but I think Snowe wasn't sure if people liked him because of the money or because of himself. And for the Hero? In Snowe's jealous moments he probably thought, "He's only my friend because my dad saved him."

And to top things off, Snowe's made the Commander?! "Gee, thanks, Dad. It's bad enough I have some serious teen angst going on, but you put me in charge of all these people who hate me." And while he's off trying to save Razril, and hunt down pirates, his Vice-Commander is being tortured. Or maybe it happened after he was kicked out. (I don't think Snowe knew about this--and he never found out since he was kicked out of the land.)

So, now he has no home to go to. But, wait--didn't those pirates have a close relationship? And money? Two things Snowe likes. :) In his way of thinking, Snowe probably thought if he had enough money, he could get more pirates (like a family), and take back Razril.

The poor boy just wants to help, but he's going about it the wrong way.

As for his living life as an ordinary citizen in his former hometown--I'd say that's punishment enough. He's reminded of his failure as a knight on a daily basis, and he has to face those citizens he sold out to Kooluk every day.
Elazul

Snowe's Pirate outfit

Post by Elazul »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:when snowe gets his white pirate outfit with the collar... wow... he looks like a flamin' homo!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVED Snowe's Pirate Outfit! Anyone know where I can find pictures or art of him in it?
Eao

Post by Eao »

Yazoo. the best bet is Konami's toy and hobby shop under cards. tisk, its a shame, the only other option is get somone with a good good TV card who hasn't killed him, and look at his stats on the roster of significace (sorry i couldn't help it, its a joke, PM me about it) with it on.

I don't know where you can get a picture of him in his outfits that are a full image.

there. I helped somone.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Were we supposed to feel sorry for him? I thought it was funny when we left him in his little boat with 1 or 2 other people.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
twilightwolf432

Post by twilightwolf432 »

Gau wrote:I thought it was interesting that when Snowe claimed his arm didn't work, when he thought of escape, his mind went immediately to the small ship to shore boat. Now, unless he planned on paddling in circles, he wouldn't be able to operate that with an immovable arm. Also whenhe gets to Glen's ship, he's miraculously healed. Then of course he later tells the Hero that "I want you to believe that my arm really wouldn't move." or something along those lines.
Well, I don't know about this, but it is possible that Snowe hit his funny bone pretty hard when he fell which as you know, would probably cause temporary paralisys in his arm for the moment.
~*~tachisukumu koe mo naku ikite yuku eien ni~*~
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well, while the hero4 was that mystic kid just spitted out by the sea one day snowe was that normal upper class kid that didnt really want to be a knight.

He wanted so much but got so little. When he thought he did the right thing Glen pounched his nose and when he tried to redeem it with medicine he just saw that they let hero4 in to the room talking about secret which made him more angry and sad?

Also, It wouldn't surprise me if the hero4 says offically, Its medicine from me (which is a option I think?)

But what I wonder is, was it snowe that hired the first pirates to attack?

Moonbay wrote
It would light up constantly on Glen's hand in order for him to use it. As if to say: "You got in my way, so, I need to get rid of you to get to the right person."

Doesn't this seem like it's all planned out by the Rune itself?
Aha! So it was the rune that hired the pirates to attack Razril! :wink: very sarcastic!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.