box art question (Suikoden I)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

tell me about it.... it looks so ugly on my shelf too....{I have that cover}

heh heh, king called it the holy grail!
Buff

Post by Buff »

Night wrote:Unfortunately not. That is the Suikoden I Pal box, but I have no idea about the Suikoden II. Ours is exactly the same as the US version:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/02/sui2.jpg
url don't work ;)
Does anyone know what all those Chinese (or Japanese?) characters are on the back of the box?
i have no clue.i found that to be dumb since it wasn't explained.i say it's most likely to do with the characters in the game for some odd reason.
Night

Post by Night »

Buff wrote:
Night wrote:Unfortunately not. That is the Suikoden I Pal box, but I have no idea about the Suikoden II. Ours is exactly the same as the US version:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/02/sui2.jpg
url don't work ;)
That's strange, it loads up fine for me. However, that just shows the US version, and I'm sure many of you are familiar with that already. If not, then just click the other link I provided.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Buff

Post by Buff »

just found these on a topic in suikox.i don't know if these are pal,but they seem similar.

s1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... rFinal.jpg

s2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... -Sized.jpg
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wait why do those covers look like ps2 covers?

I want them!!!!

is there anyway to get covers like that?
Buff

Post by Buff »

print them and get a used ps2 or dvd box you don't want and swap them.i may actually do that now. 8)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well, Suikoden I had a PS2 style box and cover when I first rented it. It was just like the one up there, except with a black background, but the back is/was the same as it was on the more commonly known ps1 cases. Don't forget, when the Sony Playstation first came out the cases where much like they are now, only a bit bigger.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I think I will print them out, then I can put my Suikoden and Suikoden II games next to my III-IV and Tactics ones ^^ then it will look all nice together, of course I'm keeping the jewel cases though.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Buff, those look amazing. I wish i had those covers to go with III and IV, man that would look glorious.
EDIT: Printing covers as we speak.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

how do I print it out? you mean just save those links and print them as 1 big image? but then what amterial do I use? you cant put printing paper on a ps2 box cover...

it all sounds so confusing.....

please tell me, I wanna do this cause I hate my current suikoden covers
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

My mother is an artist. She has the paper that feels like the paper in the ps2 covers. I mean, its not the EXACT same material, but it is close enough for me. I saved the pics that Buff so kindly gave to my comp and printed them out with the material. I took some crappy dvds i hated and removed the cover, disc, and little sheet thing inside! Voila! Suikoden I and II in boss new cases! I really owe ya one Buff. Thanks again!
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Buff

Post by Buff »

just so you know i found them on a topic in suikox so i do not currently have them yet.
how do I print it out? you mean just save those links and print them as 1 big image? but then what amterial do I use? you cant put printing paper on a ps2 box cover...

it all sounds so confusing.....

please tell me, I wanna do this cause I hate my current suikoden covers
yes that's what i would do.just save them open them in paint to make it easier and just print from there.
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

Buff wrote:print them and get a used ps2 or dvd box you don't want and swap them.i may actually do that now. 8)
:shock: Wow, I've been putting off getting a printer for a long while. But thanks to you, Buff, I'm getting one my next paycheck. Those covers are awesome! :mrgreen:
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
Buff

Post by Buff »

lol glad to help.
Night

Post by Night »

Buff wrote:just found these on a topic in suikox.i don't know if these are pal,but they seem similar.

s1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... rFinal.jpg

s2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/ ... -Sized.jpg
If it helps (like, if it ever comes up in the future) there's one very easy way to tell if a game is NTSC or PAL. We don't have the same rating system as you. So, if you ever see a box with the T in the corner (or whatever the other symbols are) then you'll know it's American. We use an age rating (3, 7, 12, 15 and 18).
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away