box art question (Suikoden I)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

when printing out the covers, what should the dimensions be? Like what sizes should I put before printing out the pictures?
Buff

Post by Buff »

hmm from the looks of them i would say print them as a 812x544 pixels,the same dimensions as the s2 cover.that looks to be the same size as the ps2 covers.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

what is 812x544 pixels in the sense of inches/cm/mm? Cause thats all that the printer seems to be able to handle.
Buff

Post by Buff »

width:11.278 inches
height:7.556 inches
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Thank you sooooo much!

EDIT: It does not seem to want to go to those dimensions. I tried to change it to that but it automatically changes it to be 8.5x7
Enjirube

Post by Enjirube »

Oppenheimer: Does anyone know what all those Chinese (or Japanese?) characters are on the back of the box?
Well the chinese symbols on the back of the box are the kanji for Gensosuikoden written from top to bottom in the tradtional japanese writing style.

Also there are so many kanji as they have just repeated it like, SUIKODENSUIKODENSUIKODEN, that is the closest way of putting it into english.

Ps, sorry if someone already cleared this up, :?
Wilhelm Suikoden V: My love doesn't discriminate!
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

THE MAN WITH THE WAND IS LUC

THE FINE LADY WITH THE NECKLACE IS WINDY

ODB WITH THE NAILS IS BARBAROSSA

ROBIN HOOD IS TED

AND THE WITCH IS WINDY

THE MAN AND THE BLACK DRAGON ARE FUTCH AND BLACK(duh)

this has been know for a long time where have yall been? In Taipei?
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

I agree with all that suikoden one has the worst box art. Almost looks like a really bad SNES box art of a very non popular RPG. In fact it was suikodens box cover that almost made me pass up the whole suikoden series all together thank god i bought it when i did -.-.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

thecontrivance wrote:THE MAN WITH THE WAND IS LUC

THE FINE LADY WITH THE NECKLACE IS WINDY

ODB WITH THE NAILS IS BARBAROSSA

ROBIN HOOD IS TED

AND THE WITCH IS WINDY

THE MAN AND THE BLACK DRAGON ARE FUTCH AND BLACK(duh)

this has been know for a long time where have yall been? In Taipei?
Two Windys, huh?
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

I agree with all that suikoden one has the worst box art. Almost looks like a really bad SNES box art of a very non popular RPG.
Give them some slack, it was '95. What did you espect? A Final Fantasy 10 cover..... And they were just trying to give people the whole "aincent chinease lore" effect.

RPG's havent always been notorious for their box art, like they are now.

Most people(who play RPG's) can tell if its a good game anyway, by just seeing it
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

:shock: oh my goodness. Um please don't triple post. Use the Edit button and then type "Edit:" before what you want to add if no one has responded yet. Also, if you want to comment on someone's avatar please do so through PM, not by going off topic in the middle of a thread.

If you have question about board rules please consult the links in my signature or PM me (don't respond in this thread). Thanks.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

oh my goodness. Um please don't triple post. Use the Edit button and then type "Edit:" before what you want to add if no one has responded yet. Also, if you want to comment on someone's avatar please do so through PM, not by going off topic in the middle of a thread.

If you have question about board rules please consult the links in my signature or PM me (don't respond in this thread). Thanks.
sorry...won't happen agian :?
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

thecontrivance wrote:
I agree with all that suikoden one has the worst box art. Almost looks like a really bad SNES box art of a very non popular RPG.
Give them some slack, it was '95. What did you espect? A Final Fantasy 10 cover..... And they were just trying to give people the whole "aincent chinease lore" effect.

Most people(who play RPG's) can tell if its a good game anyway, by just seeing it
Ya that is true. but i always look at the front of a game before i buy it then the back. Its just some habbit i have probably passed up some good games for all i know. If you want to know the honest truth to me it looks like a really bad rated "R" movie box -.-. And i do understand back then they didnt have that many good rpg box arts i agree but using real looking humans just doesnt cut it with me lol.
Last edited by lucreborn on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

thecontrivance wrote:

The problem is, the cover artwork used for JP and PAL releases were perfectly naturally Suikoden. The game being published in '95 isn't a good enough excuse for the abomination that is NA version of the cover artwork, for me.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Ya that is true. but i always look at the front of a game before i buy it then the back. Its just some habbit i have probably passed up some good games for all i know. If you want to know the honest truth to me it looks like a really bad rated "are" movie box -.-. And i do understand back then they didnt have that many good rpg box arts i agree but using real looking humans just doesnt cut it with me lol.
yah :lol: I do that too....I read every inch of the game for about.....5 minutes,then I buy it(which most people should do)

I just feel sorry for those that bought Dark Cloud....BAD GAME GOOD ART
The problem is, the cover artwork used for JP and PAL releases were perfectly naturally Suikoden. The game being published in '95 isn't a good enough excuse for the abomination that is NA version of the cover artwork, for me.
I thought it looked cool.... And plus, most old school RPG's had real looking people for fictional characters, on the box art.