box art question (Suikoden I)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Beer

box art question (Suikoden I)

Post by Beer »

on the front of the case are 6 characters Futch? Leknaat? Windy? barbarosa? ted? hero? am i right about this at all?
Wodan

Post by Wodan »

I see Tir, Viktor, Cleo, Gremio, Leknaat, Kasumi, Odessa, Futch/Black, Pahn, Kirkis/Sylvia, Camille, etc.

But I gots the PAL.
Hero: He said..He wanted some bread...

Cray: Hahahahah..
Wonderwhite!
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Think he's talking about the NSTC version. In which case, no one's exactly sure who that is on the cover. North America coulda used the Japanese cover but noooo...
Anyways, think there was a topic on this a while back. Don't remember.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Well one is Barbossa I'm sure of that. There also Leakenat I think. Futch/Black is a good guess to. Umm odessa and Luc? Then yeah perhaps Ted.
Persmega

Post by Persmega »

I REALLY dislike the Suikoden Cover...anyways

Yeah, no doubt that is Futch & Black in the background, I think thats Tir on the upper right corner, Odessa below him....I have no Idea who the old fart is...and that guy below the old fart...i would have to say it reminds me of Teo, and that crazy looking lady is Windy... :P
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

Persmega wrote:I REALLY dislike the Suikoden Cover...anyways

Yeah, no doubt that is Futch & Black in the background, I think thats Tir on the upper right corner, Odessa below him....I have no Idea who the old fart is...and that guy below the old fart...i would have to say it reminds me of Teo, and that crazy looking lady is Windy... :P
The "old fart" is Barbarossa. Also i dont think the guy in the upper right corner is Tir because the clothes are different and he dosnt use that staff.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Aila04

Post by Aila04 »

how can you not notice Barbarossa on the cover. If there's anyone on there you should know, then its him and the hero.
And what are you reading this for?!?!
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

Is it possible that Jeane is in there? The sexy girl with the electicty? And Who in heck made the cover?
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Mukumuku wrote:Is it possible that Jeane is in there? The sexy girl with the electicty? And Who in heck made the cover?
I'm pretty sure the girl with the electricity is Windy.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I'd say it's Tir, not Ted in the top right corner. He doesn't use a staff like that, but it's close enough. He does have a long stick weapon.

A couple other points-

1) Check out Barbarossa's nasty ol' fingernails. Good for climbing trees. (or turning into dragons)

2) Are we sure that it's Windy in the bottom right? You can't tell, but she looks like she MIGHT have her eyes closed like a blind person might. I always assumed it was Windy, but it could be Leknaat. I'd say her clothes are different, but that obviously wouldn't completely rule her out because NOBODY in the game dresses like that hunky topless guy.

3) The most recognizable character is the random bad guy in the lower right corner (Demon Sorceror from Neclord's castle). It looks EXACTLY like it. That's weird to me, because I can't imagine that they drew the illustration before the game was completed. It's like the illustrator was given one screenshot from Neclord's castle and then some vague descriptions of the major characters.
Miss V

Suikoden cover art

Post by Miss V »

Thank you Amazon.com! If you click on the link below it will show you the cover everyone is talking about. I *still* can't figure out who everyone is... :shock: Plus it looks nothing like the game:

Suikoden I cover & booklet

P.S. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled you're not going to be able to view the images on the bottom without disabling it. They automatically open up in a new window.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thanks for the pic miss v

the way I see it, bottom right is that demon from neclords castle, above that is leknaut, above her is luc, on the bottom left is windy, above her is ted{I can see a quiver on his back}and above ted is babarosa

obviously the in the backround is black and the pilot is futch
et3rnal

Post by et3rnal »

Either way I find the Japanese cover horrible
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This is from another thread ( http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5747 ) but my response belongs here so that I don't take that thread off topic.
Patapi wrote:
Sun of a Studio wrote:While going back to Suikoden I, the box art is entirely different and really not an accurate gauge of what the the game looks like.
Hmm? Suikoden's original cover artwork was consistent with the rest of the series, to be honest.

At least my PAL copy is.
Does anyone have a picture of the Pal copy cover front and back? I'm curious to see it since I only have the horrible North American copy.
Night

Post by Night »

Unless know one else finds it in the intervening time, when I get home I'll scan my one in.

But may I say that the NTSC cover is truly, truly horrific.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away