Characters you actually wouldn't recruit

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
sticky-runes

Re: Characters you actually wouldn't recruit

Post by sticky-runes »

Thought of some others, who are not necessarily characters I dislike, but would not recruit them.

Rock: When we first meet him, his duty is to look after Lepant's store room. Then a gang of intruders show up and he gives them a friendly greeting before ditching his position to move to their castle and look after their junk without giving any notice to his current employer.

Juppo: Again, hired by Lepant to provide a security service (really, Lepant?....) He installs a whole system of robots to deter intruders, then when he meets a group of intruders, he greets them as fellow thieves, and even shuts down the robots to enable them to escape easier.

Kyle: Great guy, great swordsman, great magician, but definitely a Hoes Before Bros kinda guy.
solarstar

Post by solarstar »

I wouldn't go out of my way to recruit Euram. If you're serious about turning your life your around or getting your head chopped off, you come to my castle on your hands and knees!
suiken

Post by suiken »

I don't know why are you guys complaining on Euram when you can replace him with Eresh.

Esmeralda weren't completely useless, actually. She participates in major battle. Onil, on the other hand is a useless gossiper. Why not gossip something that's not obvious?

Jess, yes. He is one douchebag that I'd love to punch. I would still recruit him, but not without punching his face.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Onil has a better outfit than Esmeralda, though. More classy and understated. Definitely the sort of thing I'd prefer to wear for my drag acts.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Onil remains the character that is the most different from the character bearing the same star in Shui Hu Zhuan. I'm still not done with reading the novel entirely but I'm getting close, and anytime the Onil character appears I laugh because it's just totally not appropriate to imagine her in these situations.
ragnarok

Post by ragnarok »

In Suikoden 4, all mini games characters and all optional former Gaien knights. i executed snowe immediately because he is a pathetic character and i think is stupid to feel pity for someone who didn't hesitate to ruin your life