Dolph

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Dolph

Post by Sasarai10 »

I always wondered why Dolph who had supernatural abilities like teleporting,wouldn't sneak into Prince's room while sleeping and kill him? :roll:

He could do that,and end this war with the Godwins being victorious...of course in order to not destroy the gameplay,Prince would wake up and challenge him in a duel :wink:
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Dolph

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

True, in Suikoden 1, after meeting Viki in the forest, why don't we just ask her to teleport us to Windy's bedroom so we can suffocate her with a pillow?

And in Suikoden 2, once we meet Viki in the Greehill-Mathilda path, why don't we just ask her to teleport us to Luca's apartment at the precise moment when he's on the toilet so we can shoot him before he has the time to stand up?
sticky-runes

Re: Dolph

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:True, in Suikoden 1, after meeting Viki in the forest, why don't we just ask her to teleport us to Windy's bedroom so we can suffocate her with a pillow?
:lol:

I always assumed Viki could only teleport to places she had been to, or places that her "commanders" were familiar with (except in special circumstances where she ends up on the other side of the planet to join in another war). Viki had probably never seen Windy's bedroom or Luca's privy chambers before, so I doubt she could make that leap successfully.

Not sure about Dolph. The Nethergate assassins already failed an attempt on the prince in his sleep once back when they took the Sun Palace, so they probably didn't want to chance that move again. Plus the prince had a double, so Dolph might have ended up in a trap if he wasn't careful.