Camus's Sword

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Hirathien

Re: Camus's Sword

Post by Hirathien »

Interesting with these pieces and bits of trivia. We should have a section for it, really.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Vextor wrote:Although "Uriah" is the same name for Camus's sword and a historical mayor of Muse, it's a case of botched romanization of the original Japanese text. Camus's sword is ユーライア(Yuuraiah)While the mayor's name is ユーリア (Yuuria), and are thus names that actually sound quite different in Japanese.
Where is the mayor mentioned? I thought about finding it in the Japanese texts, but I couldn't even find it mentioned in the English game, so I wouldn't know where to start looking in the Japanese files. Is it something from one of the novelizations/mangas? Or maybe it's from Suikoden III's old books, and I was looking in the wrong place.

I don't know if it was botched, or if they were trying to avoid having someone called "Urea" in English. Probably botched.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Aw lame! I was hoping for a cool link between the two characters. Wouldn't be much of a stretch seeing as it was a repeat of the same name in one game. FOILED AGAIN BY TRANSLATION ERRORS
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I don't think there's any connection between the mayor (whatever his name was) and the sword. Camus didn't served in Muse so why would he name his sword after that? Adoration maybe but I think it's unlikely. Most names of weapons doesn't actually make sense within the game's setting specially those with Indian and Chinese named weapons since nationality is a somewhat vague issue in the game.