Viki not ageing because she teleports doesn't add up.

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
killerslime

Viki not ageing because she teleports doesn't add up.

Post by killerslime »

So Viki is supposed to stay the age of 16 because she constantly travels between time periods never being in one for long enough to reach her 17th birthday? This doesn't sit well with me because Suikoden 4 on its own lasts about five years and Suikoden 1 lasts for a couple of years.

Even if you say she entered the story line of each game around the end, surely that time period adds up to at least over a year. Was it stated by Konami or is it just a theory that this is why she never ages?
eldrasidar

Re: Viki not ageing because she teleports doesn't add up.

Post by eldrasidar »

never heard a theory that suggested that Viki never ages. Certainly Viki never ages very much, and if she meets characters that she's met prior, she wouldn't look like she had not aged from the last time they'd seen her, since it would only have been at most a few months for her which at a young age, wouldn't mean much in terms of physical growth, while it could have been decades for others, which by comparison would be quite dramatic.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

It states in every game that Viki is 16. I never questioned it before but it really doesn't make any sense how she would stay the same age but participates in wars that last for years?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Does it really state in-game?

Maybe every time she teleports this badly she resets her body to 16, and her mind cannot handle it so she doesn't know.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

OK maybe it only states her age in Suikoden 2, now that i double checked but in my official Suikoden character book it has a bio on Viki from each of the games and it says that her age is 16 under every portrait of her.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

killerslime wrote:It states in every game that Viki is 16. I never questioned it before but it really doesn't make any sense how she would stay the same age but participates in wars that last for years?

In S3 Viki (the elder),looks more mature,like 23-25.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

She's certainly not the same age all the time, Suikoden III is living proof of that.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I'm not sure how to determine age from drawing art, I still see her as always but according to S3, there appears a kid Viki who travel through time and end up joinning the fire bringer. It's highly possible she's also the same Viki but thanks to a coincidence in teleport, she met her older version in mountain path as we recruit her in game -> she does aging.

But yeah, kinda hard to understand why the kid seems to be wiser/more mature one, she even knew about grassland coordinator she was in, knew about the firebringer's current member/leader about the the lake castle as if she has experienced all that before and why the aldult viki can't recall about her younger self coming to this land before.

I think of 2 possibilities:
1. As antimazist supposed, she suffer a mental disorder side effect during time travel. But that won't explain why the kid viki knew everything about S3 events.
2. the smaller is actually the older Viki, seems strange but who knows what will happen to the big Viki in future? A curse? A special growth trait from her tribe?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote: 2. the smaller is actually the older Viki, seems strange but who knows what will happen to the big Viki in future? A curse? A special growth trait from her tribe?

Hmm i don't think so....the original Viki in S3 must be the older one...she is always clueless,and "out of sync",whilst the smaller one is more mature and down on earth.

But i don't know why in this suikoden there are 2 Vikies....but if we consider the younger Viki is under 15 y.o. (the time space between S2 and S3),then she was probably born after S2 events,and she cannot travel between the time....or whatever.

I cannot understand the existance of the small Viki,and what's her role in the game series,since there is only one Viki in all other games.... :? :? :?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Whew, you don't have to bash it so bluntly. I'm trying to coming up with a theory that could add things up. I have same question like you do and add some more about the kid:
1.who is the small viki?(still very possible same Viki not just someone looks alike who share same name)
2.why did she come there? (unclear)
3.how did she know about grassland/the fire bringer situation? Even know where the HQ located with no need for instruction(unclear)
4.why is she more mature than big viki? (unclear)

With all these unclear marks then I think of a possibility which gives out the answer and may chains things up:
1.She is still same Viki
2.Time travel from future post S3
3. "2." explain this
4.She is the older Viki ....which leads to another question how comes she's smaller in size? -> many other possibilities like i listed, a few years after S3, she may be "cursed" by a wicked witch or she shrinks from eating Super Mario's poisonous mushroom, who knows.

I remember reading a certain manga about a similar syndrome, as the patient reaches adulthood then as time goes by the syndrome cause patient's body to grow backward , get younger and younger over time. I will post the link when i can remember that manga's name.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I remember reading a certain manga about a similar syndrome, as the patient reaches adulthood then as time goes by the syndrome cause patient's body to grow backward , get younger and younger over time. I will post the link when i can remember that manga's name.
Also sounds like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button where the protagonist is "born" as an old man and gets younger with each year undtil being a baby in the end.

Well, really, we can't say anything about Viki because we need more information. Maybe Viki was born at the beginning of the world and teleports in the future until the universe collapses where she is reborn and starts travelling backwards in time which is the young Viki and she still has her knowledge from her "past". Well, why not? It's just that we don't know and even speculating is nearly impossible.
Really, I think it's easier to come to a theory in which FuSuLu will marry Lymsleia and be the future king of Falena than to make something about what VIki is, and who this young Viki is.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

back in the day there used to be tons of Viki theories floating around on here. My personal fav was that she continually travels through time, and it has an unforseen negative effect on her brain which causes her to become more and more ditzy. I seem to remember some postulate (dont remember this being backed up) that Viki comes from some sort of clan of teleporters. Really as was stated above, there's simply not enough information, just as there is not enough as to why Jeane doesnt age.

In answer to the actual question that started this thread, I think that Viki could have simply been teleporting between time continually during all the games, making all of them take place during the same time period for her. Either that or she's like the eternal champion and exists in all times at once
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Suikoden III shows evidence that Small Viki is very much aware of the actions that Big Viki will take. When you first meet her, she says something to the degree of "I'm sorry I'm about to do this, please move out of the way" - referring to Big Viki falling from the sky.