Is It Me... A Question About Kenji From Suikoden III

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jaden_X

Is It Me... A Question About Kenji From Suikoden III

Post by Jaden_X »

I just have to ask, but is it me or does Kenji look like he's from the modern century? I mean he seems to be a little out of place from the rest of the characters in the Suikoden 3 world. My guess is that Viki may have teleported into a modern day gym and accidently sneezed on Kenji teleporting them both to the Grasslands that we know today. Just sayin'... Anyone else think he looks a bit unusual from the rest of the cast?
EstrangedIX

Re: Is It Me... A Question About Kenji From Suikoden III

Post by EstrangedIX »

Yeah, but if you look around you'll notice a few others as well. Not just people but technology too. It's been that way since the first game. To be honest though, it is kind of off putting in that it doesn't help with trying to reconcile inconsistencies within the series. We can always use the Sindar to explain anything too weird though so I guess it's ok :lol:
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

What kind of fantasy world has an elevator in the village?
Meg/Juppo/Belle/Babage can creat robots.
Lu in S5 wears a google.
Clive/Cathari use guns.
Cornelio appears in S5 with his symphony orchestra outfit.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think there is a difference between speaking robots (which I'd consider also a fantasy creature in this context more or less) or a character who looks like a japanese gym trainer. I never liked Kenji, he feels so out of place. The same with Jefferson.

@Punkaiser: I think the games more or less give good explanations for all this and a lot of these inventions are from medieval times in our world, too, so I don't see them as too off. I think the worst thing was the camera from Suikoden IV btw.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

No hard feeling, i was supporting Estranged's opinion by giving out some exemples to say we should overlook those minor details which are more or less strange.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Punkaiser wrote:What kind of fantasy world has an elevator in the village?
Meg/Juppo/Belle/Babage can creat robots.
Lu in S5 wears a google.
Clive/Cathari use guns.
Cornelio appears in S5 with his symphony orchestra outfit.
Don't forget about Moroon in S5 with his leather jacket, sunglasses, and electric guitar.
PSN: FreshMetal80