Rowd and Solon Jhee

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
xtian3426

Rowd and Solon Jhee

Post by xtian3426 »

Solon Jhee died when Luca ordered him to be beheaded after losing to Riou in battle right? But what about Rowd? did he just escape or died? can't remember if he died or escaped
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Rowd and Solon Jhee

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If only there was some sort of source for Suikoden that you could consult. It could have a character list with all the available information on characters, someone should make that... oh, wait, they did.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

oh sorry xd I forgot about the character list :) well thanks for guiding me :)

although just 1 question, i read in Rowd's info that she has a sister that is blind. when i played the game i did talk to a girl in kyaro that is blind. do you think that she is Rowd's sister? and seeing by that is Rowd evil?
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Okay, so maybe xtian asks questions that are easily answered by character guides. But they also create topics for us to further ponder these subjects. And there are always more questions to ask. Isn't that the beauty of the Suikoden world?

Anyway, whether or not Rowd is evil..."Evil" is kind of subjective. Do good intentions make one not evil? In the game proper, we don't know anything about Rowd's sister. All we see of him is betrayal, cowardice, and greed. He doesn't even say something like, "I have my reasons," but rather, "I want to get a job where I can make some real money."

It would have been nice, though, to see him acknowledge that what I did was wrong. I suppose it's possible that he truly sounded sorry when he said, "I'm sorry...That's all I can say." But he didn't seem to really care what happened to Jowy, Nanami, or Riou (or Mukumuku, the monster).
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Rachael wrote:It would have been nice, though, to see him acknowledge that what I did was wrong. I suppose it's possible that he truly sounded sorry when he said, "I'm sorry...That's all I can say." But he didn't seem to really care what happened to Jowy, Nanami, or Riou (or Mukumuku, the monster).
Why should he care? "Wrong" is a strong word, for him it is right to get enough money to help his sister, no matter the means.

And yeah I think this blind girl you can meet is his sister.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Antimatzist wrote:
Rachael wrote:It would have been nice, though, to see him acknowledge that what I did was wrong. I suppose it's possible that he truly sounded sorry when he said, "I'm sorry...That's all I can say." But he didn't seem to really care what happened to Jowy, Nanami, or Riou (or Mukumuku, the monster).
Why should he care? "Wrong" is a strong word, for him it is right to get enough money to help his sister, no matter the means.
Well, if he doesn't see it as wrong in the first place, I suppose there would be no need for him to care. But it would be nice if he did. He certainly owes everyone that much.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

By that theory, isn't every "bad guy" supposed to "care" then?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Antimatzist wrote:Why should he care? "Wrong" is a strong word, for him it is right to get enough money to help his sister, no matter the means.
So to cure one person of blindness, he allows dozens of kids to be slaughtered? That's a little extreme, don't you think?

Most people who do something wrong to help somebody still know that what they did is wrong, and feel bad about it. It's not like they think, "Welp, I need money to cure my sister's blindness, so I think I'll off a bunch of children!" Luca was a special case--he was obviously lacking in compassion and empathy, even for his family. But Rowd probably cared about at least one person, and people who can care about someone would at least feel a little bad about what they did.

I'm not saying Rowd absolutely has to feel bad about what he did, or else he's not a good character. I'm just saying it would have been nice to see some sort of acknowledgement.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha guess your right Rowd seems got a bit overboard with his acts well too bad we didn't see him that much cause he always flees and run away :)
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I would have loved to have seen Solon Jhee develop more. I could not stand Rowd,I don't think they developed him enough to make me or anyone else care about his back story. He let a group of kids get slaughtered,even if it was for a 'good' reason,he knew exactly what he was doing.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

hmm guess your right too but i feel awful for her blind sister. i bet that her sister didn't know the things Rowd does. And for Solon Jhee maybe yep, a more story for him, it's like he just appeared then killed without having a good background about him.
dragons_descent4

I feel awful for her too but because of his blatant dishonesty in the game,it makes me really question if that part is true or not. I know it says it's true but I don't know,I still have my doubts.
- Viktor and Flik

xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha you can't remove that doubts considering what actions he did. well i hope things will clear out soon :) and how funny Luca didn't kill him considering his useless
dragons_descent4

he served his purpose to Luca by making sure those kids in the unicorn brigade got killed,then covered his tracks by making Riou and Jowy out to be spies. After that it was just a matter of staying out of Luca's way.
- Viktor and Flik