chef's in suikoden games

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
xtian3426

chef's in suikoden games

Post by xtian3426 »

who are the chef's in suikoden games? does each game has? ( i wasn't able to play SI and SII )
and it seem they are related and came from only one organization cause whenever i play hai yo's cook-off mini-game, Retso was there and Retso was the chef you can recruit in SV.
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Antimatzist

Re: chef's in suikoden games

Post by Antimatzist »

They are not all related, but well, I'll list them first:

Suikoden I: Antonio, Lester
Suikoden II: Hai Yo
Suikoden III: Mamie
Suikoden IV: Funghi, Kevin, Pam
Suikoden V: Retso

Mamie is the daughter of one of Hai Yos enemies in the cook of minigame and yeah, Retso first appeared in Suikoden II as a cook-off enemy. Antonio and Lester also challenged Hai Yo. But the only people who are engaged in an organization are Hai Yo and Retso and most of the enemies in the cook-off-minigame.

As Suikoden IV plays 150 years in the past, the three chefs don't have any connection to the others, but are referenced in Suikoden Tactics and give you some missions.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

ah :) cause in SV shun min is still alive ( of course lol ) that means Retso and Hai yo known each other waaaaaaaaaaaay back lol XD

thanks for explaining it to me :)
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

So...what are these "organizations"? Are they simply cooking organizations, or do they involve fighting as well? Hai Yo is recruitable as a fighter, if I recall correctly. But I've never used him.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

it's like a secret dark organization lol XD well hai yo can fight but in SV Retso can't fight lol
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Rachael wrote:So...what are these "organizations"? Are they simply cooking organizations, or do they involve fighting as well? Hai Yo is recruitable as a fighter, if I recall correctly. But I've never used him.
It's a cooking clan whose leader wants to take over the world with his cooking, if I remember correctly.
That's why they don't fight, but do the cook-off. Hai Yo was also a pretty crappy fighter...
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

ah an organization to take over the world lol :) yep Hai-yo is a crappy fighter but cute lol.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Antimatzist wrote:It's a cooking clan whose leader wants to take over the world with his cooking, if I remember correctly.
That's why they don't fight, but do the cook-off. Hai Yo was also a pretty crappy fighter...
Ah, so that's why they're after the "Moon Bird Recipe." Must be pretty delicious!
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha sure it must be extremely delicious