Info on the 108 SoD's...

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
feliciafan89

Info on the 108 SoD's...

Post by feliciafan89 »

My last source of this kind of info, Gensopedia, hasn't come back up. I'm looking to make my own story with the whole 108 Stars of Destiny bit in it. But to do this, I need the kind of information on each star that I only was able to find on Gensopedia. About the general traits of those representing their star.

For instance, it said about the Tenkai Star "those of this star are often thrust into a leadership role early on in life", and such. Does anyone know where else I'd find the info on the traits of each star? If it's easily found on Google, I don't know the search term. ^^;
Antimatzist

Re: Info on the 108 SoD's...

Post by Antimatzist »

You can guess it yourself. I think the gensopedia descriptions are just trying to describe the characters with the corresponding star.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Suikosource has a Tablet of Stars that will tell you the meaning of each star, who filled it in what game, and in the cases where the star has a defined role what that is.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
feliciafan89

Post by feliciafan89 »

I saw that Tablet before. While it does show the description for some of the stars, the descriptions for others seem to be missing. ^^;

I suppose it might work, but specifically, one thing I want to know is what star another character might be; she's the partner AND girlfriend to my story's Tenkai Star. They fight alongside each other and protect each other.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

most of those descriptions aren't fixed, merely observations on some of the shared qualities the bearers of that particular star had, however, most of those descriptions don't carry over all 5 games though. There is no sure and fixed correlation between a particular star and the personality of the character's who bear it.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Tenei and Tentai are both stars that tend to have characters who are close to the Tenkai. Lyon, the only character who comes anywhere near to having a romantic relationship with a Tenkai, is a Tenei. Gremio is one as well. So is Marica. Tentai includes other close friends to the Tenkai such as Pahn, Cecile, and Jewel.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it. As eldrasidar said, it's not like the descriptions are fixed. I mean, look at the Tenkai star. I'd say Thomas is very different from the rest, but he's still a Tenkai.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
feliciafan89

Post by feliciafan89 »

I suppose it wouldn't make sense if it was formulaic with every set of 108 SoD's, otherwise it'd be a bit monotonous. ^^;
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

feliciafan89 wrote:I suppose it wouldn't make sense if it was formulaic with every set of 108 SoD's, otherwise it'd be a bit monotonous. ^^;
Well, there is some sense of formula that I enjoy enough to get frustrated if it is deviated from too much (Scott and Ernie in SIII being the prime example). But, they still manage to diversify enough to pique interest, for sure, and don't rely too much on the "formula" of it.