The Strategies of the Strategists

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
bookwormbabe29

The Strategies of the Strategists

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Hi all!

I had a question for the guru's, was wondering if people could help refresh my memory (it's been many a year since I played the games). What are the "big" strategic plays that the strategists use to win wars? What sticks out to you as a genius play, and what stuck out as a mistake? This isn't so much a "favorite" plan, but the ones that changed the course of the war(s).

One plan I think really was genius was Maithu making the 500 boats out of ice in one night. The Empire had no way of expecting this, and were caught off guard by a sea attack instead of the expected land attack.

What else do people remember as being game changers?
Nikisaur

Re: The Strategies of the Strategists

Post by Nikisaur »

Mathiu was quite brilliant in using the forces from Jowston to the Liberation Army's advantage, causing the Imperials to withdraw. In the same way, Shu used the women and elderly of the HQ, dressing them up in armour and making them look like reinforcements. That was a good move in my book, pulled Riou and co out of a tight spot.

Although I find most, if not all, of her 'strategies' completely contrived, Lucretia did a couple of really epic things. Not that I can remember any, really. Replaying it atm though.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

What is a shame though is that we never got to see Lucretia counter someone.

Also, Jowy's siege of Greenhill wasn't a bad strategy either. It was quite well executed.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Umm... Does the focking beavers (a play of Star Wars' 'focking ewoks') of the Falenan Loyalist Army count?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.