Fliktor's reasons to go to Jowston

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Antimatzist

Fliktor's reasons to go to Jowston

Post by Antimatzist »

Why did they both leave Toran afer the war? They always fought for the revolution, but then just vanished. Why?

And why did they go to Jowston? Why did they go through the Badlands instead using the forest path to Banner? And why did they create the mercenary fortress?

Oh and what do you think was the reason they left the Star Dragon Sword in the Cave of the Wind? Did it go on Viktor's nerves?

Well, I'm very interested in your opinions and speculation. I need some inspiration for a small RPGmaker project which covers this timeframe.
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: Fliktor's reasons to go to Jowston

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

In SII Flik points out that they wouldn't reach their destinations so late if Viktor didn't get so distracted by things on the way, so the reason for why they traveled over the Badlands could be explained pretty easily by saying, Viktor felt like it. A personal suggestion though, maybe you could make a story about how they met Pohl on the way (the Very Minor character that got killed by Luca), maybe he could be a guy that asked for their help that somehow required them to go through the Badlands and then he joins up through the rest of the story in the game.

Why did they become mercenaries? Probably simply because they needed work, but also because Viktor's old friend Anabelle asked them to give the territory of East Muse some protection.

And yep, Viktor most likely just wanted to get rid of the sword as fast as possible since he thought, at the time, that he no longer needed to go chase vampires.

Good luck with the game :)
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

You cant forget to include Barbara, Leona, Gengen and Tuta there aswell you could fleash their backstories out a bit. Also if you are going to muse, some other characters could make a cameo such as: Hauser, Jess, Anita, Huan, Fitcher, Alex, Hilda, Annallee, Pico, Alberto, Anabelle etc. You might also want to note some information on the year 458 which is two years before suikoden 2 is set:

"The Toran Republic begin a campaign to regain lands lost to Jowston during the Toran Liberation War, thus beginning the Toran-Jowston War. Noting the friction between the Jowston City-States as a result of this war, the Highland Kingdom increase military activity along the border."

This might be a good reason why victor was asked to defend the mercanary fort by Annabelle? In anycase i'm looking foward to see how this game develops, good luck with everything. :D
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I remember some Dialogue where it is said that the fortress is built because of Highlands higher activity, thanks for that info!

Thanks about the Pohl reminder! I thought about that they meet a lost boy in the Badlands and bring him back to his small village. Maybe this could be Pohl, hehe. Then he sneaks out with them...

It is hard to come up with real motivations why they went to Jowston. My guess was that they felt that their mission is over and want to experience some adventure, and yeah, Viktor has some pretty good contacts in Jowston (Annabelle, South Window Area) so I guess we will include something about that. I've never really written something, so it is hard to come up with something that doesn't seem to be forced, hehe.

Yeah we want to include at least all Mercenary characters, maybe some other cameos. We're currently writing the first parts of the script and maybe start mapping in the near future... But we will try to keep as much gameplay from the original games as we can.

I'm still interested in more opinions and views :)
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

The Karakas Desert is a place that has fascinated me to some extent lately. Since it was destroyed by Mazus and Crowley you can pretty much make up anything about how it looked in the past, what civilizations were lost and so on. Maybe there could be an event where the Star Dragon Sword senses that he's close to an important place where he used to live. And it turns out they find the buried remains of the Village of the Hidden Rune where Ted used to live or something.

A few other characters that I believe could show up would be Humphrey and Futch since they also were traveling north at that point.
And if I'm not mistaken Krin stole the treasures of Toran and ran away after that, Fliktor could come across him as he tries to sell the stuff somewhere, or they might find him trying to serve Robbers Tea to some other poor traveler.

DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Another guy that recently came to my mind would be Gilbert and his band of mercenaries, including Ace. At the battle where you recruit him it's made apparent that he's aquanted with Fliktor, not sure if they met before the journey or during it though.

Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Viktor went to Jowston by the request of Annabelle. She made this request back when Viktor was in Jowston asking them to attack the Scarlet Moon Empire (by the request of Mathiu) while he was away after you defeat Neclord in Suikoden 1.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Vextor wrote:Viktor went to Jowston by the request of Annabelle. She made this request back when Viktor was in Jowston asking them to attack the Scarlet Moon Empire (by the request of Mathiu) while he was away after you defeat Neclord in Suikoden 1.
Is this official? if yes, this would end my thoughts about this topic, hehe.
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

I would like few things more than an official Suiko encyclopedia (in book form, mind you) written by our very own Vextor.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes, it's official info based on a number of sources. Annabelle has always wanted Viktor to work for her since the two worked on solving the reason behind the slaughter of Northwind. Viktor's promise was he first had to destroy Neclord, and after that he'll work for her.

And yes, if I have the time, support (financially), and legal approval to write a book, I'd be glad to.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If I ever have the money you can be sure of my support Vextor :D

Thanks for that information, helps me a lot!
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

hows this project coming along?
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

LadyMikain wrote:hows this project coming along?
We're still in the early beginning. We'll start mapping now, have raw scripts until they arrive in jowston and.. that's it until now. It will take some time since I also have to upgrade my Suikoden site to a new design, write some walkthroughs and that stuff...
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

You say we? have you assembled a team then?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gilgamesh31 wrote:You say we? have you assembled a team then?
It's a small project of my (German) Suikoden page's board. But the game will be in English, don't worry.