Canon names

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
FliktorForce5

Canon names

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Okay, so, I'm trying to write a fan-fic featuring Edge from s3 nad before I get too far I've got to ask if certain places/people/elements in his backstory already have names or wether I'll be free to name them as I see fit as the author of said fiction, like for instance Edge's sister's name? the name of his villiage? the location, or at least country his villiage is/was located in? the name of the vampire Edge killed to rescue his sister? what happened to his sister after the whole event? is his sister younger or older than him? I'm sure that many of these questions could be answered simply by reading the story that was published about Edge's backstory, but as I can't read japaneese and can't find a translated version of it, research is proving problematic at best. Just wondering if anyone can help me out here before I get the "Well if you'd actually bothered to READ the original origin story in JAPANEESE, untainted by your foolish, simple-minded, GAIJIN translators..." comment when/if I actually post the story I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'm just taking creative liscence with the whole thing and running with it.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: Canon names

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Not sure if I can be of huge help but let me see what I can find in my extensive detective files.
Hmm, gensopedia seems to state that Edge's sister was younger than him.
Also, by looking at where you first meet Edge in SIII and the fact that Viktor and Flik went back to Dunan to fight in the Higheast Rebellion after they helped him rescue his sister, I'm guessing the location of his village was somewhere in Harmonia.

If you still have a link or something to the Japanese story I could possibly try doing a rough translation of it since I'm interested in seeing it as well.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
FliktorForce5

Re: Canon names

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Thanks that answers something at least. To be honest I wouldn't even know where to start looking for a link to the story, I don't really speak or read any japaneese at all, so I'm not sure how I'd even go about trying to find a link to the original story for some help. But thank you for your response!
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...