Is Luca Blight suikoden universe strongest?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
_zed_

Is Luca Blight suikoden universe strongest?

Post by _zed_ »

feels like nobody couldnt beat him in fair 1v1....tho i could be wrong since im kinda newbie with suikoden lore...
eldrasidar

Re: Is Luca Blight suikoden universe strongest?

Post by eldrasidar »

Certainly the perception that it required a coalition to beat Luca is valid. As to whether or not he is the absolute strongest individual in the suikoden world, that seems less clear, although he is definitely a top contender. Yuber often strikes me as the more dangerous, since he not only is incredibly powerful, but he actually has the ability to be strategic. Luca is definitely powerful, but once you get over that, you realize he's pretty stupid. Luca often reminds me of newbies in D&D playing barbarians, who are very powerful characters, but tend to get themselves killed because they just run in charge stuff blindly, meanwhile the crafty rogue survives the whole campaign causing gruesome amounts of sneak attack damage.

...although once I did design a character specifically tailored to just charge everything, and he actually was the hero of the campaign, in true don quixote fashion
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Probably the strongest human who doesn't have a True Rune. Yuber isn't human, and the boss of Suikoden III has a True Rune. The final bosses from the other games are personifications of True Runes. I can't think of any not-final-bosses who were as dangerous as Luca. Except maybe Yuber, and as I said before, he's not human.

I don't know if he's the strongest being in the Suikoden Universe, though.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Luca has a true rune...The Beast Rune.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

No he doesn't. It's just resting in the last place, how does Luca HAVE it?

All that you see him do, is all him.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Murayama said Luca is intended as the most powerful human warrior in the Suikoden world, so you're correct.