Pilika and the rune of beginning

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
SuikodenTHater

Pilika and the rune of beginning

Post by SuikodenTHater »

Ok I recently decided to replay suikoden 2 and something occurred to me that I had never thought about before this play through after you escape from Viktor's fort and head towards Muse you pass through her village and Pilika leads you into the cave where you find the two halfs of the Rune of Beginning. I had never given it much thought up until now but it really seems like she is leading you there for a reason. I mean she stops in front of it and waits to lead you inside and she acts like she is almost being called there by or something or someone?

It just got me thinking why does she do this? Does it have something to do with her father or does she go there for some other reason? I don't know maybe I am reading to much into this but it just seemed so odd this play through, I mean was the rune calling to he or was it Leknaat? Why didn't Riou or Jowy hear this call? I am thinking about looking more into this but I was curious if there have been any official comments about why she leads you there outside the fact that it just part of the game?
Hirathien

Re: Pilika and the rune of beginning

Post by Hirathien »

Think her father was looking over the place, then she saw it open etc, remembered her dad. Tons of stuff! Hard to pinpoint the one reason though.
SuikodenTHater

Post by SuikodenTHater »

Hirathien wrote:Think her father was looking over the place, then she saw it open etc, remembered her dad. Tons of stuff! Hard to pinpoint the one reason though.
Ya I knew her father had something to do with it but I but why was he taking care of it, and what made Plika decide to go there? Did her father have some connection with Genkaku, was he a friend a solider who served under him? Did he know Han as well? Did he know what was there in the shrine? I never really cared about Plika in this game that much just saw her a part of the plot but like I said this play through got me thinking about her and her family more then before it really got me curious.
tovath

Post by tovath »

Well I would say that Plika's father would have known Genkaku and Han. I can't imagine them putting their Runes somewhere and not knowing who was guarding them.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Marx and Joanna being connected to Han and Genkaku is a pretty interesting thought.

There's also the factor of the will of the runes themselves as well as where destiny is trying to direct them.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!