Georg?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
kenshindono

Georg?

Post by kenshindono »

not sure where to post this.. im confused about something. I was gonna replay all the suikodens starting from 1. I was looking at my saves for the first 2 to see what charactgers i used the most back in the day and noticed Georg from suikoden II... what the hell i thought. He looked kinda like georg from V but without the eye patch, but i dont remember him in II. I looked ont his site and theres just one page for georg that both II and V link to

what gives? Is this the same guy? It couldn't be because isn't the timeline for V way before I and II? Plus i dont think he has an eyepatch in II

anyone know what the deal is with him?
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Georg?

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Georg's bio should answer all your questions, with the exception that Georg takes his eye patch off at the end of V and timeline wise there is only 10 years between the event of V and II.

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/?char_id=590
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

what gives? Is this the same guy? It couldn't be because isn't the timeline for V way before I and II? Plus i dont think he has an eyepatch in II
V plays 10/11 years prior to II, so it isn't that much of a timespan
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i didn't read the last paragraph of the george page, i guess it has a tiny blurb about II. I thought V took place a long time before II, not just a decade. So in II hes only about 10 years old (in his what.. 30's or 40's?) I dont recal him being as powerful as he was in V though. I recall in V he was one of the best characters in the game. I just remember him being so-so in II. But then again i didn't use him much. Is he bad ass in II as well? I guess in my next playthrough i may use him. I just remember him looking very.. dull in II, whereas in V he actually looks intimidating and cool

at least that explains the eyepatch thing. It was just there as a reminder

can anyone sum up the timeline for me roughly in yearly span? i had thought V took place like 100 years before I or II

does it go V-I-II-III? and if so, roughly how long in between series? I know theres a timeline page, but its been so long since i played this game i dont remember what events where in what =P
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

A quick look at the timeline and/or the character section wouldn't go amiss here. Just saying.

Georg was born in 420, and according to the timeline, the Sun Rune War (events of Suikoden 5) began in 449, making Georg about 29 in S5. The Dunan Unification War (Suikoden 2) began in 460. Making Georg about 40 (He does look about that age, older, more grizzled). So around 10 years in between the wars. If it was 100 years, Killey and Lorelai couldn't possibly be in both games.

Also, he is pretty good in S2. Although he is well past his prime (lol geddit?) physical condition at the age of 40, so if there is a stat drop (I can't recall), that'd be a good reason for it. But mixing plot and gameplay mechanics is pretty much a a no-go area.

Hope that helps ^.^

EDIT: Just changed some tense issues in there. Couldn't leave them be >.<
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

The timeline for the Suikoden games go:

Suikoden IV, Tactics ( i think?) Suikoden V, I, II and lastly, III.

I wouldn't say Georg is "bad" in Suikoden II, he's just... Strong. And that's about it. Bring him along if you wanna knock over a tree or two, but if you want people dead, bring Killey or Sheena.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Georg's STR stat growth is the highest among all characters in Suikoden 2 (same as Pesmerga), and his SKL (TECH?) stat is also quite high. The only problem is he only has one free rune slot, making him a lot less useful compared to 3-slotters like Killey or Sheena. The lack of a skill system in Suikoden 2 also means he's a lot less useful compared to Suikoden V.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Yeah, Georg in Suiko2 is a good character if you are a beggining and (like me when I first played) think that Rune Slot are really just usefull for magic and skills. But once you understand the possibilities that rune slots give your, you understand that people like Killey and Sheena who got 3 slot open are among the best.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Hirathien wrote:The timeline for the Suikoden games go:

Suikoden IV, Tactics ( i think?) Suikoden V, I, II and lastly, III.

I wouldn't say Georg is "bad" in Suikoden II, he's just... Strong. And that's about it. Bring him along if you wanna knock over a tree or two, but if you want people dead, bring Killey or Sheena.
Is Tactics, IV, V, I, Suikogaiden I, Suikogaiden II, II, and III.

I hate Sheena personality, I hate Sheena design, I hate its imposible to change his weapon rune. I never use Sheena. In stats and potential of do huge crits maybe Sheena is better than Georg ( maybe, no, he really is ), but I like Georg 1000 times more. He was one of my fav characters, I knew of him thanks to Richmond and prayed god to make another game with him, so imagine how I felt playing V.

And Georg has still a lot of story to tell ( Ebony Knights, Scarlet Moon empire )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Huh, It says Tactics is a sequel, and that you can recruit Snowe and Lazlo in it, but only if you got the data from Suikoden 4, makes me very suspicious about it being before IV. I tried to find some kind of clarification, but the Timeline section was a bit too messy for my taste.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's because Tactics begins before IV, takes a break and picks up again after IV.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

The vast majority of Tactics takes place after IV. Only 5 battles take place before SIV as opposed to 21 after (not to mention all the sidequest battles).
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Heh, i see. Thanks for clearing that up.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

Palmguy wrote:Yeah, Georg in Suiko2 is a good character if you are a beggining and (like me when I first played) think that Rune Slot are really just usefull for magic and skills. But once you understand the possibilities that rune slots give your, you understand that people like Killey and Sheena who got 3 slot open are among the best.
hmm i guess im a noob with that then, because what are rune slots for other than magic or skills? o_O

and george is cool. I'll definatly be using him on this playthrough
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

I may have worded that wrongly, sorry.
Yes, you can use them for Magic and Skill, but if you take Killey, for example, give him the Double-Beat, Double-Strike and Fury run and watching him being the god of the battle field.
You can access damage only possible that way.