Relationships: Jimba, Geddoe, Chris, and Salome

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Belcoot4

Relationships: Jimba, Geddoe, Chris, and Salome

Post by Belcoot4 »

After playing S3 many times, reading some bits of the magna, and getting a very solid grip on the story it drew me to a conclusion about the relationships of Jimba, Geddoe, Chris, and Salome. Alright, well everyone knows Wyatt Lightfellow aka Jimba is or was Chris Lightfellow's father. Geddoe and Jimba have been dear friends for many many years due to their bond with true runes. Salome, probaly most keen and loyal knight, has ties with both Geddoe and Jimba and yet mentions none of this to Chris. This baffles me because after Salome has the conversation with Chris about going into Grassland to find out about her father he simply allows her to go without ever saying anything about Jimba. Salome could have done this for many reasons I'm just suprised because as close of friends Chris and he are that he would let her sit there tourmenting herself over the revolation of her father. I also wondered about Geddoe in regards to Chris because those two never actually really interact in the entire game and he just happened to probaly be her fathers best friend and she never questions him on anything of the matter. Now back to Jimba, I'm wondering was he really Lulu's brother or was that just slang for within the village? Being a true rune bearer Jimba had to be far older than Luce and if I remember correctly during Jimba's dying words telling Luc that he was around 75 80 years old. Hence if Luce is Lulu's mother how could Jimba possibly be Lulu's brother. Or was this a whole prefixed aggreement with Jimba and probaly Lucia to allow him to stay with the clan to hide his idenity and to protect the village because he was so powerful although he was part of Zexen. In conclusion all of these strings tie back to Salome and I've just always wondered why he witheld information all this time and how he actually became connected with all these people.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Relationships: Jimba, Geddoe, Chris, and Salome

Post by Vextor »

Probably because Salome simply doesn't know that Jimba is Wyatt Lightfellow, or that Geddoe is good friends with Wyatt. There's really no reason why he would know any of this.

About Jimba being Lulu's brother, he's basically "adopted," after Lucia agrees to keep him under the protection of the Karaya Clan.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Belcoot4 wrote:back to Jimba, I'm wondering was he really Lulu's brother or was that just slang for within the village? Being a true rune bearer Jimba had to be far older than Luce and if I remember correctly during Jimba's dying words telling Luc that he was around 75 80 years old. Hence if Luce is Lulu's mother how could Jimba possibly be Lulu's brother.
He's also a white nobleman from Zexen, in addition to what the two of you have said, so it's racially and socially impossible for them to be blood related as well. Not sure why he chose to be adopted by a woman younger than him; that made no sense to me either. I guess he just didn't want to live alone.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I always assumed that Jimba was injured in the war, and Karyan (don't know if I spelled that right . ) Luce and the others treated his wounds and eventually adopted him into their nation.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I'd also like to incorporate Chris's butler. I think between him and Salome they're both playing dumb with Chris. I think they know more than what they say and what they say is enough to make me believe they know something. When Hugo delivers the pentacale to the Lightfellow residence I believe the butler thanks Hugo and then also thanks Jimba, there were a few other quotes that I'm failing to remember that leads me to that. Salome says to Chris "I too have had the chance to meet your fathers aquaintence", I mean the Fire Bringer had to be a pretty big deal after they were the heroes of the last war and that they scared Harmonia so much that they wouldn't dare to invade for over 50 years. So with that said does no one know what Wyatt or Jimba looks like, a nice Karayan tan is not enough to work as an idenity change. To further strengthen that point, Salome is also an aquaintence of Geddoe's, Geddoe and Wyatt or Jimba are dear friends, heores, and both have ties to Zexen. Geddoe is of Harmonia, maybe not from Harmonia but atleast being in the defense force hes apart of Harmonia. I wonder how did Geddoe get Zexen ties? maybe Jimba? The way I look at it going back to the First Fire Bringer War Wyatt represented Zexen, the Flame Champion represented Grassland, and Geddoe was an agent of Harmonia. With Harmonia retreating in the first war Jimba decided to stay in Grassland and Geddoe left because it was "a cursed land". Zexen being almost a free state Jimba decided to leave for Grassland to ensure that the 50 year commitment was met and Geddoe stayed on the outside (SFDF of Harmonia) possibly to keep an eye on them to make sure their was no abrupt invasion. With all that said (history lesson), since Jimba couldn't go back to Zexen what better would it be than to give one of his dear capable friends, Geddoe, a liason with them. So how could Salome not possibly know who Chris's father was or atleast if he wasn't sure he should of atleast ensured her that he was still alive. My intuition is that Salome wanted Chris to never lose hope or her strong leadership skills. Growing up without a father and knowing that her father was a Zexen knight what more would she need for motivation to succeed and to walk the same footsteps as her father. I think if Salome or the butler came flat out with it weather the news was positive or negative she would have either given up or would have been satisfied with the result. This probaly wasn't a clear indicator for Chris to figure out who her father was but during the attack on Iksay Village Jimba almost lets her win the duel. Chris was notorious as the "silver maiden" or "white hero" almost a living legend, Jimba was the only person, friend or foe, who ever caught her off gaurd and made her feel like she was being played with. He says something like "hahaha you win you deserve to lead the Zexen knights, your father would be proud", that was very belittling and who else on that planet could out do her other than her father. The only time I ever seen Chris that flustered was at the very end of the game when Lucia says something about needing to be vulnerable as well as strong to have childeren. Finally, when Jimba got close to her and says shes needs to find the flame champion to learn about her father hes eye to eye with her, both eyes blue as the sky how could she not possibly think that this man could possibly be her father.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Wyatt left Zexen because Howling Voice Guild agents were on to him, and he didn't want to endanger his family, not because he had some agreement with Geddoe or anyone else.