This is pointless, but...

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sagiri

This is pointless, but...

Post by Sagiri »

In Suikoden Tactics, is there anyone in the Kooluk empire who walks up to Lazlo and says

Oh it's YOU!!!

Really? That never happens? Not even a talk between Kooluk allies and him?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
RangerDeon

Re: This is pointless, but...

Post by RangerDeon »

Kooluk allies?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Yeah, you know like Corselia, Busk, Ornela, and Roget.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Sagiri wrote:Yeah, you know like Corselia, Busk, Ornela, and Roget.
Well, those guys didn't know him in IV. But no, one one recognizes him. As for Kooluk allies, Ranger, the one I can think of off the top of my head is Helmut, but he isn't in Tactics (unfortunately). Also unfortunately, they really didn't do too much with Lazlo at all in Tactics, not even a rest scene, which is pretty disappointing. At least he kicks ass in battle :/
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Well thats annoying.
It would be a pretty funny scene.
But Konami is lazy... :cry:
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Well, those guys didn't know him in IV. But no, one one recognizes him. As for Kooluk allies, Ranger, the one I can think of off the top of my head is Helmut, but he isn't in Tactics (unfortunately). Also unfortunately, they really didn't do too much with Lazlo at all in Tactics, not even a rest scene, which is pretty disappointing. At least he kicks ass in battle :
But still, they might have heard of him.
Didn't Cray say that he had orders from Emporer Julius? The emporer might have relayed information to his associates.

If there was a scene like the ones I asked about what do you suppose it'd be like?
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I'm not quite sure if Cray had orders from Julius or not. Sounds familiar now that you bring it up, but I can't say 100%.

Not sure what the scenes would be like with the characters you asked about, since they aren't in IV and their role during that time period is unclear. Though the scenes I hoped for were rest scenes with the various characters that were in IV, like Lino, Flare, the other knights, and Snowe. Would have been nice to see more elaboration on the goodwill conversations, and loose ends tied up between him and Snowe.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Didn't Cray say that he had orders from Emporer Julius? The emporer might have relayed information to his associates.
Not really, iirc the whole Kooluk-Island Nations War wasn't ordered by the Emperor, but was just a campaign held by the southern governour of kooluk (or something like that..)

Additionally, most of the people in the Kooluk Empire didn't know much about the war (if they even knew that there was a war. Some citizen in Suikoden tactics is unaware of that).