Lazlo's mastery of the Rune of Punishment

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Lazlo's mastery of the Rune of Punishment

Post by suiko2fan2 »

One of my original points in this post last year was that the Rune of Punishment basically sucked as true rune in S4, but i can say now that i am playing for the first time using the codes i discovered via cheatengine (unlocking all spells and turning off the return dmg) and now i like it.
The rune isn't so bad when it's not kicking your a$$ ever two seconds. You normally get the atonement phase so late in the game that it doesnt matter much anymore, but having those regular attacks (eternal ordeal, double edge sword) earlier on makes the game so much more easier and fun when got a battle every 5 steps in the game and you dont have to worry about healing Lalzo. my main point being after a little modding this rune doesnt suck anymore and is quite useful and fun...lol
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
TrueWater00

Re: Lazlo's mastery of the Rune of Punishment

Post by TrueWater00 »

Aculias wrote:Each True rune did not have the ultimate everlasting most powerful Lv 4 spell in any of the 5 games. They all had their own unique spells.

Each True Rune was significant in their own way. I am not talking about using the rune vs enemies, I mean how the rune can be used.

If you compare the rune to say the Soul Eater, It is not less powerful in comparison. it's different.
Damn, I couldn't have said it better myself. But yeah, this is pretty much what I would have said, every rune is different. They ALL have crazy strength/benefits as well as weaknesses/detriments.

The Rune of punishment simply showed its power and weakness at the same time during battle.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor