Estella telling the truth?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Iesous

Estella telling the truth?

Post by Iesous »

Ok, Estella mentions Gordius village, the all male counterpart to Alma Kinan, in S3. At the time, everyone was like, "Of course she's just lying!" Indeed she was, because you can't get to any city whatsoever from the back of Alma Kinan.

That being said, Gordius village does exist, and at one time, it was all male. Does this mean that there is potential truth to much of what she says and that we have always taken as a complete lie? In other words, how many other half-truths does Estella tell?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Estella telling the truth?

Post by patapi »

Well, until we meet this fabled 109th Stars of Destiny, I wouldn't give too much credits to her half-lies.

After all, Gordius Village began allowing non-males to join their community nearly 20 years before the events of Suikoden III.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Including Gordius into the real Suiko-world was (I guess) rather a nice Gimmick. I think it was pretty funny to see that Estella wasn't completely lying :D
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I too think it was a gimmick. Maybe there were no plans of transforming a town called Gordius to reality. They really could have thought creating truth to Estella's statements will add interest to Suikoden (like what's happening now).
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you want to view it as a lead-on gimmick to other locations, then there already plenty of that in the games. Suikoden made references to Banner, which became an available location in Suikoden II. Likewise, Suikoden II hinted at places like Chisha and Karaya Villages, which of course ended up as full-fledged plot spots in Suikoden III.

It's just fun that they take nonsense spouted by a character with lying as a prominent trait and made them come true.
i-heart-percival

Post by i-heart-percival »

Well she wasn't saying the EXACT truth about Gordius Village for the fact that although it was an all male village, it really wasn't a village because of the fact that Gordius is a training camp for the Dragon Knights of Sauronix Castle since only males were able to join until....SPOILER...Rahal was put in charge to allow women to be in the Dragon Knights so I guess that Gordius was in fact all male until the end of GSV
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

Also, it can't really be considered a 'counter part' to the Alma Kinan Village. One is an amazon village who's origins are shrouded in mystery, and as stated the other is a training camp for dragon calvary recruits. The two villages have nothing to do with each other.