Leaders' Age in Suikoden

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Lemmy Claypool

Re: Leaders' Age in Suikoden

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Does the Island Liberation War not include the pre-Suikoden IV events like the Battle of El-Eal (in which Glenn particpiated, not the last naval battle of SIV) and Middleport's declaration of independence from Gaien?

That seems the most likely explanation for this confusion.
Kasumi14

Post by Kasumi14 »

The battle that Glenn participated...the one which he engaged Troy? If it's that battle,that won't be possible, since in the early game it's stated that that battle happened 7 years prior to Suikoden IV.
Or probably around the same time Tactics started?
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

Runemaster wrote:
Rogue wrote: Geddoe: 112
Whoah? Is this real?? Oh yeah... He had a True Rune.
But still, that was quite shocking..

What's Magirato?
He reveals his age to his team if you picked Geddoe as the next "Flame Champion".
DaveyJ

Post by DaveyJ »

I thought that Riou was 16 not 14 :? And I do hear a lot of comments in some scenes where people are like "He is just a kid!"
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Really? I've just played SIII once with Hugo as FC. I might replay it sometime but I just can't stand it.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Kasumi14

Post by Kasumi14 »

DaveyJ wrote:I thought that Riou was 16 not 14 :? And I do hear a lot of comments in some scenes where people are like "He is just a kid!"

Yeah, but you notice that once he taken up the leadership, you never see any cases where internal dispute happened because of that...he's just a kid, but even every single soldiers who doesn't truly understand about the situations' details, all obeyed him without any question. While normally, there must be internal people that more or less doubt him because he's still 16...

But heck, probably I'll get an answer like, 'gah, this is a video game' :lol:

@Runemaster : I remember that even though you picked Hugo as your FC, you still get to know Geddoe's age..it's either Geddoe himself or Sana who reveals it, if I remember correctly..
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Runemaster, how could you not stand S3? It's arguably the best game in the series. Sadness that you couldn't stand it.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I don't want to turn this into a SIII fan page, but seriously besides the graphical frontiers the creators had to cross, as a story SIII definitly might be the best of the series going from beginning to the end. I know everyone loves SII and I'm not sure I could have picked a different ending but at the sametime I think it could have been better, how I dunno but it could be.

I'm not sure if people are getting these ages by going by the timeline but a lot of these ages baffle me. I can understand Tir being 14-15 being a leader because he had the support of everyone in the house. Riou I do believe is about 16 because of the 'just a kid' references in the game. I only played having Geddoe as the FC once so I don't really remember him revealing his age but I do remember when Lilly was asking Dupa the story of the FC he said the FC would be around 80 and no use to her. I'd like to think Geddoe, Jimba, and FC were all roughly around the same age if they banded together like that but I'm not suprised with 112 if somebody said 2-300 I would be. Hugo has definitly got to be older than 15, especialy if they are saying Thomas is 16, he seemed to be more mature than your average 15yr old. Chris is at the right age and I kind of hope the next hero is around 22 also. She was smart, still beautiful, yet still had the fire of a teenager. Lazlo has to be atleast 18-20, theres no way anybody is becoming a knight at any age before that. On top of that once Snowe screwed up in the beginning Glenn put Lazlo in charge. He very well could have put some unknown, older, mature knight at the helm instead. Frey probaly is at the right age at 15 or maybe a little older because even though once he had to be the 'man' he still was the prince and everybody had to serve him. My inital thought was that why doesn't Georg just take over. The country was in disaray and the King and Queen are gone so even though the people were there to serve the prince did they really have to?
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Icegryphon wrote:Runemaster, how could you not stand S3? It's arguably the best game in the series. Sadness that you couldn't stand it.
I'm sorry but it's definitely the worst Suikoden for me. Well it's been a year since I last played it so maybe I can forget all the bad things about it and focus on the goood things.

I'll play it after I replay IV, Tactics, and V. :D
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

It's the best. Has the best difficulty (meaning it actually is difficult), has the best story by far (meaning it's more than just "let's fight the current system of government that's oppressing us"), the best main characters (you get 4 instead of 1 and they actually talk), the best army battles by far (they actually take strategy and are difficult), amazing music, cool new strategy element with the 3 pairs in battle, origin of the skills system (which they dropped in IV and picked back up in V), great characters and graphics, extremely long, cool castle (the reason you recruit is to make money at first, and then the reason you all come together there is another really cool reason, above and beyond "it's there and we need a headquarters").

Yeah...best game by far and away. Don't get me wrong, I love the entire series, and 2 is close in greatness to it, but 3 takes the cake hands down.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I can't agree with it having good music and graphics but the weird pair system sucked. It's SO annoying and limits your party controls.

Well I realized we're off topic so...
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah back on topic please guys.