Yuber *spoilers*

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
King Krimson

Yuber *spoilers*

Post by King Krimson »

I just noticed something playing through Suikoden III from Luc's point of view, when you reach the Great Hollow and Yuber is told/asked to take care of Chief Zepon, Yuber replies "I have some unfinished business with Zepon..." So would that mean that Yuber was part of the original Fire bringer war or something? Or perhaps Zepon himself may have bore a true rune and may be pretty ancient himself.. but i don't find that to be likely..
i'm not sure what do you guys think?
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
wilikas

Re: Yuber *spoilers*

Post by wilikas »

Certainly sounds plausaible to me!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Instead of being part of the original Fire Bringer, he might have simply be summoned by someone from Harmonian side during that conflict. Zepon might have caused him a defeat in that war, or something to that effect.

No official confirmation either way.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

patapi wrote:Instead of being part of the original Fire Bringer, he might have simply be summoned by someone from Harmonian side during that conflict. Zepon might have caused him a defeat in that war, or something to that effect.

No official confirmation either way.
That sounds ok. I don't think Yuber would fight along the Fire Bringer...
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Ohh c'mon people, its yuber, you know he had to have some sort of bloodthirsty revengful reason for attacking and killing zepon, hell, he could have just had the urge to destroy a giant lizard leader that day. Thats our yuber!!!!!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Considering that Yuber is a demon I shall use the deductive method and say this-Since all demons have evil intentions,Yuber is a demon,which means that Yuber is pure EvIl...... :lol:
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
XIII

Post by XIII »

TrueWater00 wrote:Ohh c'mon people, its yuber, you know he had to have some sort of bloodthirsty revengful reason for attacking and killing zepon, hell, he could have just had the urge to destroy a giant lizard leader that day. Thats our yuber!!!!!
But the thing is he clearly said he had unfinished business with Zepon. If he was in the mood for killing then he would've said something else and not say anything about unfinished business
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

XIII wrote:
TrueWater00 wrote:Ohh c'mon people, its yuber, you know he had to have some sort of bloodthirsty revengful reason for attacking and killing zepon, hell, he could have just had the urge to destroy a giant lizard leader that day. Thats our yuber!!!!!
But the thing is he clearly said he had unfinished business with Zepon. If he was in the mood for killing then he would've said something else and not say anything about unfinished business

I agree I think Yuber had unfinished business he wanted to discuss with Zepon and Then he killed him, probaly painfuly too it suites Yuber.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Would Yuber really have a place in the original Fire Bringer war though? Wasn't he hobnobbing with Windy and Neclord for like 200 years?

That, and who summoned him? I feel like Leon set the precedent in Suikoden 2 and no one knew how to do it before him. I could be wrong though.
XIII

Post by XIII »

Yuber also shows up just to cause chaos and whatnot. If not for a Silverberg summoning then this could be an 'excuse' for Yuber to ditch Windy for a couple of years and participate in the 1st Fire Bringer War. There was a period of peace in Toran and he didn't really show up until around the liberation army got huge enough to fight back. I'm sure Yuber must've been really bored that time lol.