the Egan Family

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
YuberEightfold

the Egan Family

Post by YuberEightfold »

Are Ferid and Bernadette siblings?? and is Skald Egan Ferid's uncle??

When Skald have a mysterious conversation with Georg,what actually do they mean for Bernadette to see who she really is?
Let our Mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our Authority, as powerful as the Sun,
be revealed to the entire world !!! ...
-Queendom of Felena
Antimatzist

Re: the Egan Family

Post by Antimatzist »

Bernadette is Ferid's sister, making Bernadette Frey's aunt and Skald Ferid's dad.
YuberEightfold

Post by YuberEightfold »

So that makes Skald Frey's grandpa? Then why do they need to keep it low? Why can't Skald just tell Frey who he really is?
Let our Mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our Authority, as powerful as the Sun,
-Queendom of Felena
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

YuberEightfold wrote:So that makes Skald Frey's grandpa? Then why do they need to keep it low? Why can't Skald just tell Frey who he really is?
He didn't want to get involved directly in this war, I guess. No one knew that Ferid was his son (except for Skald himself and Georg), even Bernadette didn't know. If rumours had spread that the admiral of the island nation's fleet was related to the prince, this could have caused trouble.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Antimatzist wrote:
YuberEightfold wrote:So that makes Skald Frey's grandpa? Then why do they need to keep it low? Why can't Skald just tell Frey who he really is?
He didn't want to get involved directly in this war, I guess. No one knew that Ferid was his son (except for Skald himself and Georg), even Bernadette didn't know. If rumours had spread that the admiral of the island nation's fleet was related to the prince, this could have caused trouble.
Also if people knew that the son (Ferid) of such a high ranking military official of the Island Nations (Skald),many Falenans, particularity the nobles, would start to think that Island Nations were holding special power or influence over the Queendom. Such as doing special political favors for the Is Nat that wouldn't have the best interest of Falenans in mind or being a puppet government, or the so the nobles would have prob argued; in opposition to everything the Queen did when came to foreign relations with the Is Nat.

More than just that imagine the hellfire of controversy that would emerge if people new the royal children, particularly the Princess and Future Queen of Falena was half Islander from such an influential & powerful family as the Egans. Indeed, many biases arguements would have emerged justified or not. in the end it was indeed best just to let people think the Ferid was just a lowly barbarian from the north.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
YuberEightfold

Post by YuberEightfold »

I see.. That make sense.

And also as we see that Skald is a high ranking official,his children should be famous enough (ex. Bernadette). So I would assume that Ferid left his family since he's a child,that even his own sister doesn't recognise him as his own brother. And not only his sister,but almost everyone doesn't recognise as an Egan but only as an Island Nationalist.

So where did Ferid actually grew up in? And who took care of him? I would assume he has his Master??
-Queendom of Felena
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

What?? Bernadette didn't know Ferid was his brother??????
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Runemaster wrote:What?? Bernadette didn't know Ferid was his brother??????
N. Ferid's the eldest son of Skald and Bernadette the youngest Child. There's 16 years between them! So I guess Ferid left the Island Nations at the age of 20 or so and travelled the world.
YuberEightfold

Post by YuberEightfold »

So I would assume Ferid travel to the north? Harmonia,Scarlet Moon,Grassland perhaps? When he meet up with Georg,is it when Georg was general of Scarlet Moon under Barbarossa? Any idea what Ferid was at that time? perhaps just a warrior?
-Queendom of Felena
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

YuberEightfold wrote:So I would assume Ferid travel to the north? Harmonia,Scarlet Moon,Grassland perhaps? When he meet up with Georg,is it when Georg was general of Scarlet Moon under Barbarossa? Any idea what Ferid was at that time? perhaps just a warrior?
Just a wandering warrior, yes.

And We don't know where Ferid travelled, he's older than Georg and when they met, Georg was about in his mid 20s and not yet a General in Scarlet Moon.
YuberEightfold

Post by YuberEightfold »

I see.. So when actually did he help Arshtat? Is it during the Armes invasion? Or the civil war in Felena? The sacred game which Ferid won is after the war am I right?
-Queendom of Felena
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

YuberEightfold wrote:I see.. So when actually did he help Arshtat? Is it during the Armes invasion? Or the civil war in Felena? The sacred game which Ferid won is after the war am I right?
No, he was King during the Armes Invasion already..

Damn, according to gensopedia, he was 20 when he and Arshtat gave birth to the prince Oo That's pretty young. When did he meet georg? We don't really know, but he's not a good husband if he's travelling the wolrd while his wife is busy raising the children^^
YuberEightfold

Post by YuberEightfold »

No, he was King during the Armes Invasion already..

Damn, according to gensopedia, he was 20 when he and Arshtat gave birth to the prince Oo That's pretty young. When did he meet georg? We don't really know, but he's not a good husband if he's travelling the wolrd while his wife is busy raising the children^^
Ya,I couldn't agree more. So I suppose he left the Island during his teenage life. Who so you assume taught him combat?
-Queendom of Felena
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Just a little correction, there aren't kings in Falena. He was the Commander of the QKs, more of a bodyguard than a king.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Runemaster wrote:Just a little correction, there aren't kings in Falena. He was the Commander of the QKs, more of a bodyguard than a king.
He's the husband of the Queen -> King. Even though his political position is Commander of the QK (which isn't a mere bodyguard, but after the Armes-Invasion, so many QKs were killed, so they decided to make it rather a bodyguard-troup.)