Jowy Blight, Han Cunningham, and the Black Sword Rune

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Jowy Blight, Han Cunningham, and the Black Sword Rune

Post by suiko2fan2 »

An interesting note, As a commander and King of Highland Jowy obviously had a lot of interactions with Hans Cunningham. This is unique in that as bearing of Black Sword Rune, Jowy could have talked with Han about his experiences bearing the rune, i mean i would have found it nearly impossible if the 2 never talked about it a least once.

Also, an interesting note, Jowy is the only person i know of, who was at the time able to talk to the previous bearer of true rune who was still alive and could benefit from his wisdom of his bearing experience. Examples being:

Tir-souleater-ted: died before he talk much about with tir
Riou- Bright shield:Genkaku died died before he talk much about with riou
Hugo- FC was dead " "
Chris- Wyatt dead " "
Lalzo -his chance of finding a previous living bearer who would freely share his wisdom..well yeah...lol

I guess its the nature of True Runes not to leave a host until their death, so finding a living one is rare. Even seemingly more rare would be one living who teach and share with about the Rune's nature and power, apparently Jowy and Han indeed could have had a very unique relationship.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mio
Banned User

Re: Jowy Blight, Han Cunningham, and the Black Sword Rune

Post by Mio »

what could Han possibly has to say/teach to Jowy

i believe Georg has a lot to teach/say to Riou as well being in the service of a queen

but nothing was substantial as to make a memory in my mind or to receive a cut scene

i think Han and Jowy were the same...

the conversations between them bears little significance

because clearly, the runes don't have a hidden manual nor does it behave the exact same way with its previous bearer

so I'd imagine that Han really has nothing to teach (seeing as he and Genkaku failed),

and is (by judge of character) not the chatty type of person

that's what I think at least
Aculias

Re: Jowy Blight, Han Cunningham, and the Black Sword Rune

Post by Aculias »

I am sure Jowy was a little tired from the runes Power & busy conquering Highland from the inside.
If they did have a chat.
I would believe it more that Han Had A Venti Caramel Frapuchino & Jowy had a tall Strawberry frapuchino with chocolate sauce on the whip cream & talked about who would win the 2009 American Idol at Starbucks, then them talking about the Rune in the time of trouble :O.

Jowy had his family, basically the whole world seemed to be resting on his shoulder.