Leknnat afraid of the Rune of Punishment!?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Leknnat afraid of the Rune of Punishment!?

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I have notice on this sight and others like gensopedia, they mention the Leknaat was distant to Lazlo as compared to the other heroes, because she was suppose to have been afraid of the Curse of the Rune of Punishment. I don't think that was case.

Why should she be afraid of the rune? Even if worse case scenario she was near lazlo when he died, the ROP would not pass to her because i am pretty sure the Gate Rune would not have allowed since it, since 2 TR can't inhabit the same being, (normally). But that argument aside, i dont think she was distant, maybe a little unfriendly, but i think that was because she did not know how much she should interfere in the events in the Island Nations....maybe after 150 years by the time of the Liberation War and Duncan War she was sympathetic to rune bearers, and decided to be more friendly to Tir and Riou.

But she did help on the Fog Ship as well as most important to Lazlo she helped him over come the curse of the ROP and move it to its forgiveness phase, which seems pretty darn compassionate to me. IDK...just my thoughts
Last edited by suiko2fan2 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Leknnat afraid of the Rune of Punishment!?

Post by patapi »

Distant? If you want a case of distancing herself from the heroes, just look at Suikoden III. Leknaat didn't even appear once to the Fire Bringer throughout the entire story. Was she afraid of the elemental true runes then?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

patapi wrote:Distant? If you want a case of distancing herself from the heroes, just look at Suikoden III. Leknaat didn't even appear once to the Fire Bringer throughout the entire story. Was she afraid of the elemental true runes then?
I just figured that she didn't want to interfere with Luc's plan or get involved. Kind of like when a parent stands back and lets there kid do what they want to see it they succeed or fall flat on the face. She probably knew that Luc wouldn't succeed, but wanted him make his own choice, and change his own destiny(or try to).
PSN: FreshMetal80
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

patapi wrote:Distant? If you want a case of distancing herself from the heroes, just look at Suikoden III. Leknaat didn't even appear once to the Fire Bringer throughout the entire story. Was she afraid of the elemental true runes then?

I doubt it was so much fear of the elemental runes, as more she knew she couldn't stop Luc, perhaps more, she didn't want to interfere, its hard to say her motives for that game because 3 is very different that the other 4 games (IE their single protagonist heroes vs the trinity system of 3).
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

well then i think you have a bad case of seeing only what you want to see

the only string of connection you had between Leknaat and her fear for the RoP was her distance to Lazlo

here comes patapi saying that Leknaat was more distant in SIII

your base argument was shattered and any of your reasoning after that are all invalid

this discussion is pointless unless you find connections to prove Leknaat's fear other than "distance"

then you're gonna agree or disagree with it all over again
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

but there is a point that Suikoden III was a special case because of Luc's actions and her personal relationship with him.

from what i remember about the Suikoden games, Leknaat usually appears once the 108 starts to gather (happened in I, II, and V) and then appears again if the leader feels lost (Suikoden I, II) to try to restore that Tenkai's confidence. Then she might towards the end to do some "tricks" using the power of the 108 SoD gathering and the Tenkai's Rune (Suikoden I - revive Gremio, Suikoden II - unlock Forgiver Sign, Suikoden IV - forgiveness phase, Suikoden V - revive Lyon... well i think the Sun Rune actually allowed Prince to do it, and Leknaat simply appeared to say "that's the result of you gathering the 108 and giving direction to the Sun Rune").
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

so then are you saying that Leknaat was afraid of the RoP therefore maintaining a certain distance from Lazlo?
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I dont think it was fear as much as knowing Luc would fail.
She can see far more optimistically then anyone I know in the game.
I think she wanted Luc to right his wrongs.
She questioned Luc in the very beginning of the game.
Been awhile but I think she was going to stay out of his path while Luc's future would be short.
I think Leknaat knew this.So did Luc.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

suiko2fan2 wrote:I have notice on this sight and others like gensopedia, they mention the Leknaat was distant to Lazlo as compared to the other heroes, because she was suppose to have been afraid of the Curse of the Rune of Punishment. I don't think that was case.
Mio wrote:well then i think you have a bad case of seeing only what you want to see

the only string of connection you had between Leknaat and her fear for the RoP was her distance to Lazlo

here comes patapi saying that Leknaat was more distant in SIII

your base argument was shattered and any of your reasoning after that are all invalid

this discussion is pointless unless you find connections to prove Leknaat's fear other than "distance"

Mio, did you even read his original post?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

uhh yeah i did

he stated about whatever he found in gensopedia about Leknaat being afraid of the RoP

he then refute this and disagreed by saying that Leknaat would never be afraid because there's nothing wrong in approaching the RoP in close distances, correct?

clearly depicting that he assumed Leknaat's distance was a result of her fear

the only evidence proving that Leknaat was ever afraid of the rune was her distant behavior with Lazlo (elaboration)

yet someone stated she behaved the same way in SIII, it was even worse

so like i said
Mio wrote:your base argument was shattered and any of your reasoning after that are all invalid

did you understood mine?

if not then i shall explain it in simple terms

it's quite pointless to disagree with something that isn't there

if Leknaat wasn't afraid at all and it was all a hoax

then refuting a false statement is just plain ridiculous
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Your accusing him of seeing only what he wants to see, when he read the theory somewhere else and was bringing it here for discussion. Thats why i asked if you had read his post. I read your post. Your post says that his thread is pointless, that his reasoning for Leknaat's fear is rediculous, when its pretty obvious to me that he was trying to make sense of something he had read.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

no i said teh act of refuting a non-existing/false argument was ridiculous

ok so i have to explain the chronology of this thread?

He posted a topic expressing his disagreement about the notion that Leknaat had a fear for the RoP

i already established that Leknaat's fear can only be verified by her being distant to Lazlo

patapi came along with a questionable flaw in suikofan's post

i translated it as; being distant does not mean she was afraid

suikofan agreed as he explained that Leknaat wasn't being distant because she's afraid

she had this relationship wit Luc

so far, correct?

i saw the flaw patapi pointed out, suikofan didn't

if distance doesn't automatically means fear

it would all be pointless to disagree against something that wasn't even there to begin with

she was just being... distant