teresa and shin is a couple??

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
blah1017

Re: teresa and shin is a couple??

Post by blah1017 »

I figured that Teresa and Shin were a couple. While nothing was outright stated, I thought they were trying to draw a parallel between Shin's love for Teresa and Flik's love for Odessa.

That's why when Shin is ready to sacrifice himself for Teresa, Flik is immediately sympathetic, because he knows he would have done that for his love as well.

At least that's what I drew from it, that may be way off base though.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I think they had feelings for each other but never actually became a "couple". Also Shin leaves Teresa after Suikoden 2 for some reason. Perhapes she got so busy as mayor he felt uneeded?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

They had feelings for each other, but they never got the chance to confess them. According to Richmond's notes about them, they were both too stubborn/shy to admit their feelings.

Teresa, Secret 4:
"Everyone knows that she's really in love with Shin, but they're both so damned stubborn."
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

To bad we don't have Richmond to discover the answer to other questions for us lol
-Chaco
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Like, whats the answer to the ultimate question? You know life, the universe, everything?

Lets see Richmond tackle that one.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Like, whats the answer to the ultimate question? You know life, the universe, everything?

Lets see Richmond tackle that one.
That ones easy, to find Truth and to fix all the false lies told to us. That's my answer to that question.
-Chaco
Haroth

Post by Haroth »

Sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll.

*Cough, cough*

About Teresa and Shin: They actually remind me of Goldmoon and Riverwind from the Dragonlance books. A noblewoman falls in love with someone who is socially inferior to her and they're tentative to break the social norms. It's a forbidden love, to say the least. There's an obvious connection between the two of them, but they choose to ignore it, despite the fact that everyone sees their blatant relationship. Although, I am a little curious as to what Shin ran off to do after the events of S2. It didn't seem like him to just abandon Teresa, even if the state was no longer in turmoil.
Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll.
*Cough, cough*
:lol:

Yeah, I suppose Romeo and Juliet would be another more extreme example. Romeo the commoner and Juliet the royalty, luckily Shin and Teresa didn't end up like them.
-Chaco
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

If I do ever get around to doing the East Highland Rebellion I'll be sure to follow up on Shin in my game. I had no idea how many people really like him.

Oh and the Ultimate answer to the Ultimate question is 42. I did not make that up either, its 100% correct.
kuroi_shinigami

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Teresa did like Shin, Richmond investigation and Teresa's suggestion box message pretty much confirmed it, but I don't understand why Shin leave since he did say that his loyalty lay with Teresa, not the house of Wisemail XD. Maybe he want to perfect his swordmanship to be more worthy or change his name so he can be with her:P