Would it be better if Lyon was a guy?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mio
Banned User

Re: Would it be better if Lyon was a guy?

Post by Mio »

JanusThePaladin wrote:
Mio wrote:
TrueWater00 wrote:I dont think mio was comparing all of those other characters to be bodyguard-esq, but more of like a true friendship of some sort, and to answer your question mio, i kind of like how it was a girl, since we have seen so many male, male true friendships and now there is like a guy and a girl who really care about each other but not in THAT way, ya know? it was a nice little switch up, but i def could see lyon being a guy as well, being like the big brother type to the prince for sure. I hope that was a good reply to your question :)
ah !! male true friendships

the exact words i was looking for

if they were both guys, you would accept them as friends

but now that Lyon is a girl, with a hint of chivalry in the sides

everything's changed, you second guess every move Lyon does

you start to see how they can become a couple

but then you also see Lyon's distinct feature, hovering all over the prince

suddenly, romantic turns to annoying

true guy friendship or romantic/annoying relationship?
i disagree. I never really saw her as "hovering" anymore then nanami or Gremio. I think it adds a bit of depth to the series that she IS a woman, rather then a guy. I never got to the point of questioning her every move and thinking that she wants to bone the prince. I saw her very much as i see the women I'm friends with, but have no intention of dating. I dont see the big deal here, and i think it makes very little difference whether she's a guy or girl, its just to show the variety of the world, and how Falena accepts and raises its women citizens. So in that sense, it is actually BETTER that she was a woman.
i've thought this through and this is the reason why i am asking this question

Gremio is a guy, Nanami is pseudo-kin

no reason to second guess their intimacy

hovering is pretty acceptable if they stood behind the romantic line

Lyon on the other hand can easily cross that line

and i (emphasize "I") start to get annoyed when i think that within a couple

the damsel is the one doing the hovering