Suikoden III questions

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
1commander

Suikoden III questions

Post by 1commander »

Just finished S3 and had a few questions.

Note: I have only played Suikoden 1,2, and 3. Please do not spoil anything if the answer comes from another game.

1. What is Shizu doing in the forest? And with who? Why is her dad mentioned? Who is her dad?

2. Elaine's profile says
"Her rose-colored lipstick is made in Kunan by a certain general." Who is this general?

3.Why is that Alma Kinan all female?

4. Who is Wan fu's friend and enemy?
"He got a tattoo as part of a vow to seek revenge on the enemy that killed
his friend. The tattoo is the last work of a famous tattoo artist."

5. Is anything else known about Lord's Mymiam (probably spelling that wrong) and Lanchet, killed in the beginning of the game?

6. Augustine's profile reads: His note read, "Hopeful friends: Salome, Hortez VII, Mike, and Gordon.
Future hope: Louis." What does that mean?" Can someone explain this reference to me?

7. In what games do the Highland war, the Dunan Unification War, the Toran Liberation War take place? What game focuses on the war from 50 years ago?

8. What was the name given to the war in Suikoden II?

9. What is the Liberation War of 18 years ago?

10. What's the mystery/deal behind the character Mike?

11. Are there any sidequests in this game besides collecting the 108 characters? (Extra boss, dungeon, etc?)

12. Where can I find all the bath scenes? (Not the incomplete gamefaqs guide.)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden III questions

Post by Oppenheimer »

1commander wrote:3.Why is that Alma Kinan all female?
There is no answer to that. It's a mystery.
6. Augustine's profile reads: His note read, "Hopeful friends: Salome, Hortez VII, Mike, and Gordon.
Future hope: Louis." What does that mean?" Can someone explain this reference to me?
Well, it could mean one of two things. The less controversal is that these men are attractive and he wants to be around other beautiful people because he's a narcissist.
The more controversal idea is that he is gay and finds these men attractive and suspects they're gay and wants to date and/or have sex with them in whatever fashion is possible in the time period Suikoden takes place in. Louis is of course too young so he's looking forward to him growing into a man.
7. In what games do the Highland war, the Dunan Unification War, the Toran Liberation War take place? What game focuses on the war from 50 years ago?
8. What was the name given to the war in Suikoden II?
9. What is the Liberation War of 18 years ago?
Toran Liberation War is the plot of Suikoden I
Dunan Unification War is the plot of Suikoden II
There is no game around the events of the first fire bringer war. It's just backstory.

10. What's the mystery/deal behind the character Mike?
I think he's a spy or something. It's never made too clear. Here's all the info that is known about him: http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/?char_id=374
11. Are there any sidequests in this game besides collecting the 108 characters? (Extra boss, dungeon, etc?)
The quest with the children the "Knights" into the cave is optional and thus could be considered a side quest. Playing Luc's campaign and going around with the dog are the only others I can think of. That and just item collecting.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

2. Elaine's profile says
"Her rose-colored lipstick is made in Kunan by a certain general." Who is this general?
It is implied to be General Milich Oppenheimer from Suikoden I.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

1commander wrote:1. What is Shizu doing in the forest? And with who? Why is her dad mentioned? Who is her dad?
Likely Suikoden 2's Adlai. If you read around or play the Gaiden games you will learn how both of these people operate their elevators.
4. Who is Wan fu's friend and enemy?
Similar to Rikimaru in Suikoden 2, this information is never revealed. And no, there is no hint if Rikimaru and Wan Fu have anything to do with each other.
5. Is anything else known about Lord's Mymiam (probably spelling that wrong) and Lanchet, killed in the beginning of the game?
I would assume the manga might even show these characters, but I haven't read it myself. Other than the possibility of the manga featuring them, there is absolutely nothing known about Myriam and Lanchet. Personally, I find it very strange how the title of "Six Zexen Knights" became known so quickly (and accepted) if Myriam and Lanchet were big timer knights... weren't they leaders of some sort?
12. Where can I find all the bath scenes? (Not the incomplete gamefaqs guide.)
sorry that's the most complete one I know of...
1commander

Post by 1commander »

Thanks for the information everyone. If anyone has anything else to add, I would be grateful to hear it.